Annoying Wav file problem !!! I need your help !!!

edited November 2017 in General

Hi everybody !

I made a video to explain my problem because it was a bit challenging to describe it in writting:

I wanted to integrate a sound that I had just created into my DAW session, like I always do. But when I did so, the track sounded horrible, completely distorted to the point where it almost blew my headphone up, and my ears.

But If I convert this track to an mp3 it works fine...
And it has nothing to do with ableton live, because the same thing happens with cubase.

This problem has been going on for a while, with some wav files, not all of them, but only wav files. And sometimes the same track will work perfectly one day and not the other.
I am starting to wonder if it has something to do with my soundcard could that be it ?
It's a Cakewalk UA-25EX.

I have been looking for a while in forums but I never found anyone having the same problem.
So I am reaching out to you: does anybody have a clue to what's going on ?
I thought a video would make it easier to show you.

Thanks !
Olivier Girardot
http://www.ogsoundfx.com

Comments

• Sorry Olivier, but this is a forum for the Beatmaker App for IOS, the only thing i can suggest is check your save options in sound forge, some software doesn't like 32bit float wavs for instance, but i see no mention of Beatmaker, so i am removing this from the bugs forum and putting it in to general ;)

• Yeah what @5pinlink said, check your sample rate. You should just export as 16 or 24 bit first. Windows also need different audio codecs that you can download as a bundle. I recommend doing those first and if the problem persists try using different software.
  • I haven't seen any software that needed a codec in Windows for a hell of a long time, its mainly for watching randomly encoded videos at this point , and even those are becoming super standardised, well funnily enough until IOS 11 screen recording, which audio isn't recognised by most video editors on MacOS and Windows, aaah Apple hahaha.