Crash when chopping 2 separate sections of the same sample

edited December 2017 in Bug reports

This been happening for a while now but never really pinpoint why. I think I figured it out. When chop a sample manually I’m slice mode, I always get a crash when I play the last slice til the end. Doesn’t happen yet when I do auto slice. Is someone else having this problem?

Comments

• Can anybody else confirm this please, i cant get it to happen here ?

• I will try to make a vid soon.
  • Hmmm. Interesting, I see it only does it with older sessions. I saved a copy of that session to a different name and it doesn’t do it. I’ll further investigate 
  • hansjbs said:
    Hmmm. Interesting, I see it only does it with older sessions. I saved a copy of that session to a different name and it doesn’t do it. I’ll further investigate 
    Is there a specific number of chops when it happens?  I’d like to help you get this resolved. 
  • mefisme said:
    hansjbs said:
    Hmmm. Interesting, I see it only does it with older sessions. I saved a copy of that session to a different name and it doesn’t do it. I’ll further investigate 
    Is there a specific number of chops when it happens?  I’d like to help you get this resolved. 
    No. Last chop of any number crash it for me for some wav files. I think these were files imported with audioshare I think before things broke (3.05 maybe). I have to fully investigate now as I can't reproduce at will now.
  • Ok. So I had a chance to go over this bug and edited the title from “ Crash from last chop” to what it is now.
    I have a sample and I want to chop two separate sections of the same sample. What I mean is let’s say for example I want a section around 30 to 40 seconds (We’ll call it section 1) and a another section around 2:00-2:20 (section 2)
    Steps I take.
    I usually trim both sections in audioshare first before importing them to BM3 because well that’s where I have all my stuff. I’ve also tried importing the whole track in BM3 and edit and trim from the but get the same crash.

1. Move section1 to pad 1.
    2. Layer trigger to one shot
    3. Enter sample’s BPM to enable live stretch
    4. Edit sample for precise trim
    5. Manually chop samples to about 6-8 slices and save from pad 1 with mute group ( save cuz you never know)
    6. Move section2 to pad 9
    7. Repeat steps 2-4
    8. manually chop samples to about 6-8 slices and save from pad 9 with same mute group as above
    9. Save because now I know it will crash
    10. Go back to pad mode, play pad 9.
    11. Crash

Hope this helps @mathieugarcia. Anyone else willing to try it let me know if you get the same result. iPad Air 2 iOS 11.2

• Hey @hansjbs ! Thanks for the clarification, any chance you can send the bogus session over (with samples) at mg@intua.net ? 

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Hey @hansjbs ! Thanks for the clarification, any chance you can send the bogus session over (with samples) at mg@intua.net ? 

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

I can but after the crash and once I reopen reopen the project everything's ok. It only crashes after step 10 every time once I get through that the session never crashes again. If you still want it after reading this I can send it.

• Session was emailed @mathieugarcia