What is the best iOS/iPad app to record screencasts showcasing BM3 issues and feature requests?

I have an iPad Pro. The iOS 11 Screen Recorder app is really buggy (it locks up and won't turn off). I'd also like to be able to highlight a portion of the screen (e.g. a mixer channel) and record my taps and swipes.

What's a good replacement with these features? I want to do this entirely on the iPad as I'm trying to free myself of my battery-hungry iPad Air. Thanks.

Comments

• Which IOS 11 are you running, the screen Recorder has been super here so far, recording with headset or built in sound from Beatmaker 3, wonder if it is a Pro bug.

• Some reason I thought couldn't capture video with audio? Stopped me from checking it out. Is that not accurate? Sounds like you're managing to record BM3 audio with the screen grab app @5pinlink?

Sorry for slight off topic.
  • If you have AudioShare it could be possible record any AB/IAA compatible app inside it.

• Thanks. Sounds like I should get over my AB/IAA/AUM phobia and check it out...

• Screen recorder, no routing, just long press enable audio, start recording, done.
    Some people over think and then post that this doesn't work or that doesn't work, it works fine (Excluding any bugs etc, i just mean as fas as recording audio goes)

• Screen recorder with crappy headset, again, long press enable audio, start recording, done.

I think any attached mic always overrides built in audio though (Haven't checked)

• edited November 2017

iOS 11.1.2

1. screen recorder does record audio and video but after un/installing iMovie it locks up and won’t stop
    2. screen recorder does not show where I am tapping
    3. screen recorder does not allow me to highlight a part of the interface, e.g. track 3 in a 10 track mixer

I’d consider an iOS video editor with screen cast features. I tried some out before I created this post but didn’t find one which did 2 and 3. I tried the Accessibility/custom gesture workaround to show cursor position but it wasn’t very effective at showing taps.

Thanks.