Jumping around on the Timeline - cuts Audio ... [LAYER TRIGGER Issue!]

edited December 2017 in Bug reports

One issue I’m having with the Jumping in the timeline is; samples are cut. I have some vocal samples in this test project (maybe a second in length). It plays the first nanosecond (where it has jumped to) then cuts.

King

Comments

• Can you explain a bit more @KING
    Im jumping around the timeline but not getting cuts, but i may be doing it the wrong way.

• I wanna say I've experienced this before, but that's a vague memory. I ignored it at the time, or I jumped one bar further back if I felt like I missed hearing a sound I was aiming to hear. wonder if it has to do with note placement. was this with audio tracks or banks? I tried recreating this with audio tracks but it didn't cut.

• Funny thing is, this is a major long time bug in Maschine 2 hahahahaha

• edited December 2017

Sure!

Pretty straight forward actually..
    In the pic below, it’s possible to see where I have tapped the timeline and the green arrow is there. (bar 9)
    Example is the top blue (A1 - 2 With HH). When the cursor returns to the green arrow, the samples are not played. (All samples in all banks).

These are a couple drum loops I created in another app (few seconds, if that)

It’s starts playing again once it hit the next sample, just after the letters HH. = (bar 10)
    This is the second project I’ve tested it in.

King

Added: all notes quantised..

• Will test in a bit, just zipping a big bank at the minute :)
    Sounds like it may be missing the note ons at the start of the grid ?

• Just tested with another project. The drum kit instruments/hits play fine, but the vocal samples in another bank don’t. Just a millisecond plays.

King

• edited December 2017

Just tested with yet another session (lol) that contains audio tracks. The audio tracks play as they should.
    It seems to be just long samples in banks..

Cc @mathieugarcia ha

King

• edited December 2017

Folks!

I’m getting the same/similar effect, if I move the right loop handle (left and right) whilst the sequencer is playing..

‘That should help technical a little more’ ;)

King

• edited December 2017

Sussed it!

Woke up with a fresh head ;)

The AUDIO cutting happens when the LAYER TRIGGER is set to 'HOLD'!

I know there is a option in settings 'PAD/LAYER DEFAULT TRIGGER MODE' where you can choose either 'HOLD or ONE SHOT', but its still a bug..

Cc: @mathieugarcia

King

• edited December 2017
    Further information!

If I have a looped section (starting somewhere other than from the beginning) eg; bar 3, the same cut off happens to the samples played with the HOLD Trigger. :/
    So it’s when the loop restarts, same as if I had tapped the timeline at that point. 

___

Side note:
    In a similar thing, Zeeon’ first note is cut @ that same point (middle timeline) and that’s not playing a sample. 

___

King

• I've had something like this happen in piano roll quite often iirc. Will check if get a minute.. 
  • ^ Look forward to it!

___

King