Mixer: GAIN range when using keyboard entry
I'm setting the gains on my normalised samples, to match my mixer levels. This is because I'm importing songs as banks, and I don't think that my mixer levels are going to be imported with my patterns.
But I'm having trouble setting the gains using the keyboard:
- The fader on my mixer channel is set to -18dB.
- When I open the sample, the gain is set to -6.0dB
- I double-tap the encoder, the popup reads -6.0dB
- I double-tap -6.0dB and the popup reads "GAIN. Enter value between 0.00 and 3.98".
- I ignore this and enter -18 and click OK
- The GAIN now reads -infinity dB
- I double-tap the encoder again and hit Reset
- I manually move the dial to -18dB
The -18dB setting is possible by rotating the encoder, but not by entering a value.
If I just don't understand how this works, can someone please explain it to me? Thanks.
(Edit: I realise I should probably set the value to -24 to compensate for the original setting)