default sample loop method

Loop forward or alternated automatically set after audio capture or settings behavior on sample load in sampler. Would this even be possible?

Comments

• To me this makes no practical sense at all unless one always captures 'perfect loops' that need no adjustments.

If a saved sample contains loop points the loop mode is set to forward.
    If no loop info is found is found in the file no loop is selected.
  • Agree with @samu on this one. Unless BM3 becomes more 'octatrackesque' and its made possible to sample sync'd bars on the fly and have them pre-sequenced (which isn't really the case atm unless I've missed some workarounds?), then I'm not sure this added 'default' option would really be worth the hassle/time it would take to code it?

I guess for non 'on the fly' related stuff it would be slightly more convenient when dragging a bunch of loops in to the sampler if you want them all to have same loop type, but it only takes a sec to manually select ;) 
  • samu said:
    To me this makes no practical sense at all unless one always captures 'perfect loops' that need no adjustments.

If a saved sample contains loop points the loop mode is set to forward.
    If no loop info is found is found in the file no loop is selected.
    Heyez said:
    Agree with @samu on this one. Unless BM3 becomes more 'octatrackesque' and its made possible to sample sync'd bars on the fly and have them pre-sequenced (which isn't really the case atm unless I've missed some workarounds?), then I'm not sure this added 'default' option would really be worth the hassle/time it would take to code it?

I guess for non 'on the fly' related stuff it would be slightly more convenient when dragging a bunch of loops in to the sampler if you want them all to have same loop type, but it only takes a sec to manually select ;) 
     I guess I didn’t realize how the loop points work yet I’m still learning bunch of stuff I can just save the sample if I wanted to loop later appreciate it Samu and Heyez.
  • i too agree with @samu - if you want loop on as default you could make session templates @mefisme

• @beatmakerstorm said:
    i too agree with @samu - if you want loop on as default you could make session templates @mefisme

I do have a template. I'm just trying to capture something out of my subconscious. Actually, I just posted this. It's more my problem than the loop method. Not being able to record a pad when assigned to a CC with multiple values.

https://intua.net/forums/discussion/5892/i-need-suggested-tip-trick?new=1

• @beatmakerstorm @samu so I actually agree with you both. But I'm more so changing the feature request to ability to record a pad when mapped to a CC# with multiple values. Great for glitches polyphony turning knob slow or fast. Can beat 64T repeat level as fast as you can turn the knob.

• dude I'am well and truly baffled

• @beatmakerstorm said:
    dude I'am well and truly baffled

What do you mean?

• So when a parameter on the sampler has multiplec CCs assigned, you cant arm an audio track with that sampler as source and record it while you play ?

Pretty sure that would be a bug.

• edited December 2017

@5pinlink said:
    So when a parameter on the sampler has multiplec CCs assigned, you cant arm an audio track with that sampler as source and record it while you play ?

Pretty sure that would be a bug.

Audio/parameters recorded to an audio track under the track helper > record sample would work fine but since I cant choose output destination internally to another pad that creates additonal steps. I'd have to trigger a scene. This is difficult to explain. I'll do a video if I can get a break from reality.

What im saying is I'm literally triggering a sample on a pad with a CC with multiple values. Like for example if I was triggering a bank's pad with a hardware pad that has a single CC message it would record into a pattern on selected bank because it's looking for CC value 0. But if you map a pad to a CC with multiple values and even have quantization off and automation on it won't record to the pattern because it's only looking for CC message at value 0. Not 0-127

I think I can work around it by using a modulation of the gain or effect on the original pad just before I start the resampled version as stated in this discussion. https://intua.net/forums/discussion/5892/i-need-suggested-tip-trick?new=1

• You are triggering pads with MIDI CC not notes (pedali assume ? ) is that right (sorry just trying to get my head round the set up)

Ps you can save a sample recorded to an audio track and load it in the sampler, but im guessing that is too many clucks for the looping set up you are trying to achieve ?

• edited December 2017

@5pinlink said:
    You are triggering pads with MIDI CC not notes (pedali assume ? ) is that right (sorry just trying to get my head round the set up)

Ps you can save a sample recorded to an audio track and load it in the sampler, but im guessing that is too many clucks for the looping set up you are trying to achieve ?

You're fine m8. No apologize necessary. I'm trying to do crazy stuff I guess. A pedal records to pattern just fine. I'll do a video. Quickest way 've found to do what I'm trying to achieve is modulate the gain to make a Killswitch. Can't wait to share these presets/session template. Thinking about including a sample pack with it.