Want to learn how to produce. First track. (Rap music)

What's up guys. So I been wanting to learn how to produce music for a long time now, I've just always liked all types of music. But I want to start learning to produce rap music. So hears my first try at it lol I know it probably sucks but that's why I want to learn. Taking any tips. I'm currently using bm2 because I've had it dl for a while. Just barely starting to mess with it. 
I was rapping at first then I had told my cousin to do the hook for me one day. Then another night he was drunk and we decided to add a freestyle at the end lol. 

*WARNING GRAPHIC LANGUAGE*

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Ok after the first pass this is what I have to say about it...

There's potential BUT the claps at the end of the phrase are way off and there's an unnecessary kick at the end of the phrase too. It's really formulaic, the claps go on the downbeat, but it sounds like it starts at a 16th note too early. So you gotta fix that ASAP. I'm pretty sure you've got too much volume or bass on that kick too. Put some compression and EQ on your drums. Not sure what options you've got with BM2 but in BM3 you can put EQ on each pad. Do that from now on.

Did you record this using the device microphone? That's fine if you did but there's some room reverb. It literally sounds like you're talking on your phone. Put some more energy into your vocals but if you're going for a laid-back style, you'll still have to put some FX on the vocals like EQ, compression and maybe (probably) some overdrive.

Structurally it's pretty solid though. Lots of interesting ideas going on in your verses. If this was your first attempt, congrats. 

• Ok after the first pass this is what I have to say about it...

There's potential BUT the claps at the end of the phrase are way off and there's an unnecessary kick at the end of the phrase too. It's really formulaic, the claps go on the downbeat, but it sounds like it starts at a 16th note too early. So you gotta fix that ASAP. I'm pretty sure you've got too much volume or bass on that kick too. Put some compression and EQ on your drums. Not sure what options you've got with BM2 but in BM3 you can put EQ on each pad. Do that from now on.

Did you record this using the device microphone? That's fine if you did but there's some room reverb. It literally sounds like you're talking on your phone. Put some more energy into your vocals but if you're going for a laid-back style, you'll still have to put some FX on the vocals like EQ, compression and maybe (probably) some overdrive.

Structurally it's pretty solid though. Lots of interesting ideas going on in your verses. If this was your first attempt, congrats. 

Appriciate the feedback man. I'm taking your advice for sure.
    and as for the recording, I'm using iphone headphones lol so any more advice to make the vocals sound better?  Thanks again for the feedback.