What is the purpose of the Song preview scrollbar in scenes mode?

edited December 2017 in General

Is it just there because the same component is used in song and scene views, or does it do something? (Screenshot won’t upload)

Comments

• 1 It is also the button for the track helper, press it to access a ton of controls and all your patterns.
    2 Song mode can also run with scene mode, so you could have a backing track running to jam scenes/patterns to.

1. Hmm it doesn’t do that for me - are we talking about the same thing? I’m talking about the light grey rectangle that overlays the song layout.
    2. Yes I can see the song play moving, but I can only scroll the song grid in song mode
  • Aaah sorry, yeah, i was talking about the other overview, the scroll scrolls the arranger in both views here, obviously you can only see it scroll in song tab (They really need to change the name of that song tab to arrange haha)

To be fair i don't have much use for that scrollable overview, so no idea, I am going to guess it is just there, and if something better comes along to take the space, it will ;)