Noise reduction

Downloaded the brusfri noise reduction app.. and trying to learn how to use it. Do you do the reduction after you record or before?

Comments

• I haven't used Brusfri, but most noise reduction will be after the recording, so that it can create a profile.

• @5pinlink said:
    I haven't used Brusfri, but most noise reduction will be after the recording, so that it can create a profile.

Yes, this is correct. You need a bit of the recording where it is only the noise and hold the profile button for a second or two. It will then analyse the noise and apply the reduction for the audio.

• Brusfri is one of those AUV3 plug-ins that would be just about perfect to use as an 'insert fx' when sampling.
    If the pre-amp is 'noisy' just profile it and all the stuff you record from there on will be pretty 'clean' :)

• @samu said:
    Brusfri is one of those AUV3 plug-ins that would be just about perfect to use as an 'insert fx' when sampling.
    If the pre-amp is 'noisy' just profile it and all the stuff you record from there on will be pretty 'clean' :)

I love this app personally. It cleans stuff up quick. Edge and HPF, attack threshold controls. Simple and easy to use. The description in store says it uses intelligent gating to create the profile. So it never seems to make it sound bad. I lose a few db, but easily fixed.

• Thank y'all!