nuifonts.db5 file - if i move it to a different folder out of sight, will bad things happen?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• You can move it wherever you want, wont make a blind bit of difference, Beatmaker will just make a new one in the same place as soon as you restart haha, so yeah no point moving it unless you just want to make duplicates.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We should probably hide this file :) It's the font database/cache. Nothing bad will happen if you delete it but as @5pinlink says, it will get recreated on launch.

• Yeah I whipped it open in text wrangler earlier, and had a little mess with the sql file too, you can’t actually change much to be honest, there are cells for images and stuff for packs etc, but no way to set them as yet, looks like the browser has some forward thinking in it at least.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It would be an experience of wonderment and delight if this file could be hidden. ;)

Done! The file won't be visible anymore.

Cheers.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    We should probably hide this file :) It's the font database/cache. Nothing bad will happen if you delete it but as @5pinlink says, it will get recreated on launch.

I have a related question to this. If I hide it with a rename (period in front). Same with certain folders would they still function? Yes im trying to hide what I'm not using in the file browser.

• Ah! I never thought of this... It think it will hide them, BUT you won't be able to unhide them!

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Ah! I never thought of this... It think it will hide them, BUT you won't be able to unhide them!

Nah it just creates a new one when you restart Beatmaker ;) (Just tested)

• @5pinlink said:

@mathieugarcia said:
    Ah! I never thought of this... It think it will hide them, BUT you won't be able to unhide them!

Nah it just creates a new one when you restart Beatmaker ;) (Just tested)

K thanks guys. Noticed it did this but hadn't restarted.

• Underscore works best for moving folders to top of file browser. Standard procedure. Cool!