Idk if this is a bug or what

On beatmaker 3 when I add in a auv 3 (brusfri noise reduction) as an effect on my audio, my tracks start playing with statick and start skipping beats and playing off tempo. But when I exit bm3 and leave it playing in the background the tracks play fine. Or if I turn off the auv3 the track starts playing fine. Anybody know a way to fix this?

Comments

• Static and skipped beats is the audio engine choking up.

Check the following:
    Settings / Audio & Midi and try adjusting your latency to a higher value when not tracking audio.
    Turn disk streaming on or off on your audio tracks. Recommended to have disk streaming on for audio tracks like vocals. If it's not a 1-4 bar sample, turn disk streaming on. Should turn on by default.
    Are you monitoring? You don't need to monitor once the track is recorded.

• By audio tracks mefisme means samplers ;)

• edited January 2018

@jskills
    Your post is confusing, what do you mean when you exit BM3 and leave it playing in the background, if you exit BM3 with an AUv3 loaded, the AUv3 will close too ?

• @5pinlink said:
    By audio tracks mefisme means samplers ;)

My bad.

• Save the session then Restart your IPad. That should work

• edited January 2018

Here's an interesting observation..

I'm always trying to squeeze as much power from my old iPad Air, and I often push my luck with so many plugins that the audio starts to choke.

The choking is always worst when in song view and mixer view, presumably because of all the UI updates drawing extra power from the CPU.

If I start playing the song and switch to bank view, I can often squeeze an extra 5-10% power, which often cuts down the audio choking.

Time to update methinks.

• edited January 2018

Bank vote ?
    Im guessing view maybe ?

• I would say if song view and mixer view are causing chokes, then either BM has an issue or (more likely) it would need a slow update UI mode on the mixer and song view, for older pads to eek that extra 10%

Then again, when does RDR kick in, i would personally have to say we need to live with it, but then my Air2 suffers a little less :(

• edited January 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Bank vote ?
    Im guessing view maybe ?

Sorry, I meant to type 'bank view' - my phone thought it knew better.

(I've edited the previous post for posterity)