Deleted

2»

Comments

• edited January 2018

Audio should be edited directly on the timeline, if i have to open an audio editor to adjust the start/end of clips on audio tracks, i wont use it and BMs value goes down rapidly for me, right now im giving intua leeway on this, if how it is now turns in to split screen just to edit a clips start point i will be looking for different software entirely.
    Audio tracks are an afterthought right now, enhancing the open in editor workflow should not be considered, it should be removed, opening in an editor should be for processing, not simple timeline editing.

But i will stay out of it now, i cant keep working around other users requests that get implemented and dont work for me, (arrows added white lines removed etc)
    So ill see how this plays out ;)

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

@5pinlink Yeah stuff like start/end should be able to be done on timeline for sure. I was more referring to the dream destination of the arrival of warp markers ;) Would suck in ableton if had to go to a new view to tweak warp markers. But saying that, I guess warp markers could also be done in timeline too like in Sonar. But yeah, either way, split windows definitely appeals to me.

• Personally i think warp markers have to be on the timeline so that they can be pulled about to match other tracks, but that is a simple case of visibility buttons, tap the warp edit button and it shows warp markers for selected track.

The split audio editor of something like studio one vs all on timeline like Reaper is no competition at all for me, studio ones split view is rubbish.

• edited January 2018

As far as I'm concerned leave it the way it is for now, but fix the bugs so it is fully functional.

Edit: 3.09 isn't out yet. It's simply a matter of making sure the window state when you bounce back and forth stays where you last left it and that midi pattern stays closed.

• @5pinlink Yeah to be fair, agreed. Sonar/Reason warp markers are way better than ableton in terms of being able to work on them on the timeline (and even within different take lanes.... Another biggie I hope we see this year).

I think @triton100 has it right tho and regardless of being able to do it on timeline, it would still be cool to have a lower window that auto switched between pattern edit, audio edit, and even keys and mixer maybe... Just an end to the endless BM3 'full page' switching! And just expand a window when users really need full screen...

This seems to be something that everyone's on the same page on @mathieugarcia ;) might be worth pencilling in on that list of yours ;) Happy new year BTW!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

I agree 100% that page switching in BM3 needs a serious rethink, create a rozetta session and you feel like your finger tips are gonna fall off, page switch, tab switch, page switch, tab switch infinitum.
    To this day i find the "Load plugin in to the sampler" workfkow completely ridiculous, especially considering you cant even freeze the plugin to a sampler instrument.
    Load the plugin in to the sampler page should stay, but only be used for freezing to the sampler, plugins should have their own collective page to avoid all that switching nonsense
    (lets be fair here though, this is something that Intua ARE spending a bunch of time thinking/working on, i know this to be a fact)

So yes i can see what @heyez is trying to avoid/remedy, just not seeing it as split screen for Audio/MIDI, possibly because im only on a 9.7 Air2, on desktop i hate piano roll docked compared to full screen on second monitor, and i have very little use for audio editors in DAWs unless it is for destructive editing, and that has to be full screen for me too.

• Putting the editors on a second iPad full screen via ethernet/WIFI would be a serious serious power upgrade, i would happily pay £50 IAP for that.

• Really surprised to not hear more people championing the 'just copy cubasis' thing. So streamlined and focused compared to BM3. Sadly the app is lacking elsewhere, but for views/windows/workflow on an ios daw they totally nailed it imo.