BUG: Simulataneous Loop Method/Layer Trigger with Sample Layers (UNRESOLVED)

edited February 2018 in Bug reports

Think this is a bug but I like it. LoL!

BUG: Pad layer can inherit sample play method loop and layer trigger one shot simultaneously causing a perception of latching/sound sustain.

Steps to reproduce:

As a sort of combo request, we should still have the option to choose loop method and layer trigger one shot to have this affect, but not in the unnoticed state hence bug.

Comments

• edited January 2018

This also makes BM3’s repeats way more functional. Try it.

• I can't replicate this, when i change to one shot it removes the loop ?
    When i move to layer one it also removes the one shot.
    Anything else i need to do ?
    Can you shorten the video to just the relevant bit after loading two layers, i may be missing something

• @5pinlink said:
    I can't replicate this, when i change to one shot it removes the loop ?
    When i move to layer one it also removes the one shot.
    Anything else i need to do ?
    Can you shorten the video to just the relevant bit after loading two layers, i may be missing something

I will post a new video when I get out of the hospital. Sorry for any confusion.

• Get well soon dude !!!

• I think this is an easy way to describe this bug: move a sample from a looping layer to a one shot layer. The loop method comes along from the source layer but the layer trigger is inherited from the destination layer. You can then either keep the non-looped sample in there or remove it, resulting in a layer that loops from a one shot. This one shot loops until you press stop or until another pad from the same choke group chokes it out. Copying the pad will keep the one shot loop setting, btw.

• edited January 2018

Also nice catch @mefisme and hope your hospital visit goes well!

• Another note: this works with any layer trigger, so you can also have a layer that loops on release. =)

• edited January 2018

Thats what i was doingvand it doesnt do it here, must be another factor involved ?

• Are you sure you moved a looping sample into a one shot layer? I’ll do a quick vid. It just works for me, no other factors.

• Yeah i was just being dumb, got it.

• I know I'm slow to respond as of recently So does everyone get that you can inherit sample layer method to force a loop in a method we generally are not allowed to loop? One shot/on release. I did mention in the video I had posted that I did like the ability to do this just could definitely cause some problems if it's happening in the background without a person knowing.

• I think we’re all on the same page now @mefisme. I also agree that this could confuse people if they don’t know this is going to happen, and that this should be transformed into a feature. =)

• Its a bug and needs removing as soon as possible ;)