AUfx - Pumphouse - Audio Damage

edited March 2018 in Compatibility

App Store

Description
What do you do when you need the sidechain pumping effect in an iOS DAW that doesn't have sidechaining? Pumphouse to the rescue!

Size - 8.1mb
IOS - 9.3+
Format - AU/Standalone

Post any issues you have found.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2018

Sync seems all messed up for me. Like it has its own tempo, doing it's own thing,

• Yeah i am pretty sure that is just Audio Damage, if you contact them they will tell you the host developer needs to implement SPP or such.

• edited July 2018

Version 1.0.6 just dropped.

Release notes:
    * Offline rendering fixed and tested in all hosts.
    * Other small bug fixes and stability improvements

hopefully this is the fix we were waiting for, and makes this plugin useful again in B3. Although part of me wonders if the sync issues @brambos was dealing with in Rozeta (specifically with Beatmaker 3.0.10) are still likely to cause timing issues here as well?

I wonder if the other Audio Damage plugins will follow suit with updates soon? Makes you wonder if the dev learnt some new tricks whilst building Quanta?

• AD the best and worst plugins on IOS, when they work, they are very very good !!

• @tk32 said:
    hopefully this is the fix we were waiting for, and makes this plugin useful again in B3. Although part of me wonders if the sync issues @brambos was dealing with in Rozeta (specifically with Beatmaker 3.0.10) are still likely to cause timing issues here as well?

Not likely, those issues are only related to MIDI OUT from AUv3 plugins, not to general timing issues unfortunately :)

• @brambos there are serious timing issues with a lot of plugins, yours included in the current B3, i think i mentioned it previously ?
    Not encountered these issues in Cubasis FYI.

• edited July 2018

Now I'm really confused. I thought the 'hack' that @brambos was referring to in previous versions of Rozeta were all to do with host timing/sync.

At the moment, and hopefully only until Beatmaker 3.1 releases, I often experience drifting or offset sync issues when rendering tracks with host sync'd plugins like this one (pumphouse), and also Perforator and Rozeta. This is possibly true with Kosmonaut too, but it's a little harder for my ears to hear with that one ;)

• @tk32 said:
    Now I'm really confused. I thought the 'hack' that @brambos was referring to in previous versions of Rozeta were all to do with host timing/sync.

Specifically with the way the host treats timestamps in the MIDI messages sent back from the plugin to the host. These are supposed to be absolute timestamps, but BM3 expects relative timestamps (e.g. time offsets from now, instead of an absolute moment in time). The 'hack' tried to identify the host as BM3 and - if detected - send relative timestamps instead the usual absolute timestamps. However, other hosts were now beginning to be misidentified as being BM3 too, leading to weird problems. Hence I had to remove the hack as it could no longer infallibly detect BM3.

Now Rozeta is sending absolute timestamps to BM3.0.10, but Beatmaker still treats them as offsets, often leading to long delays before the events are being handled.

:)

Let's hope the update comes soon!

• Many thanks for the detailed explanation @brambos

Awesome as usual.