Sound Delay if I use the DynamicsFX (fixed)

2»

Comments

• Looking forward to those changes, @mathieugarcia. =)

Meanwhile: The good news is if you just use one dynamics instance per track, on every track, whether it does something or not (but not in bypass), then the output will all be delayed the same amount, so everything will line up fine. The bad news is, each instance does stack the delay, so if you have dynamics on different pads in a bank, and if you have multiple instances, different counts of instances per pad or track, then you're screwed.

• Yeah I think having a legacy mode with no look ahead and then a configurable look ahead would be the best solve here. Keep old projects and banks sounding correct and give better performance for future tracks as desired.

• Nope the only solve going forward is to have zero delay version and PDC, just turning off new features rather than implementing them correctly is no solve or fix ;)

• edited January 2018

Pretty much every new discussion is an opportunity for learning for me on this forum https://ask.audio/articles/understanding-plug-in-delay-compensation

• @ronji said:
    Looking forward to those changes, @mathieugarcia. =)

Meanwhile: The good news is if you just use one dynamics instance per track, on every track, whether it does something or not (but not in bypass), then the output will all be delayed the same amount, so everything will line up fine. The bad news is, each instance does stack the delay, so if you have dynamics on different pads in a bank, and if you have multiple instances, different counts of instances per pad or track, then you're screwed.

Good idea. Thanks

• Played a lot with this tonight - definitely a big problem, timing is all out of whack as soon as limiter turned on. With that being said, just like old school MPCs had timing quirks that gave a unique vibe, will we one day have a “BeatMaker 3 emulation mode” in future hardware to get that “legacy BM3 swing”? ;-)

• Look-ahead mode is now optional (and by default, it's turned off, just like before). Dropping in 3.0.10 which hopefully will be reviewed by Apple soon!

Plugin delay compensation is way more involved, so we're keeping that for later.

Cheers!

• @mathieugarcia thank you very very much for addressing this one so quickly. Having a developer so close to this community is not something I personally take for granted nor (hopefully) abuse. This one was, for me, “stopping the line” as they say in manufacturing. You guys are awesome!