Essential plugins for BM3?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2018

You can create your own plug-ins with Ableton Live.

• edited January 2018

@Heyez
    Good luck on your journey with mastering. Be prepared to listen to tons of music you don't enjoy; spend serious money on speakers and acoustics; and spend a lifetime training your 'ear' but still feeling like you're getting nowhere!

There are lots of great books to recommend, such as Bob Katz's seminal manual, but you may be interested in this...

Roey Izhaki's 'Mixing Audio'

The book comes with a complete set of both dry and wet audio stems for real world tracks in about 6 different genres. Though the tracks aren't the best, it's great to have ready-made vocal tracks, bass and rhythm sections for you to develop your mixing/matterand skills on. You can then compare your efforts to the various mastered ’versions' also provided.

• @tk32 said:
    @Heyez
    Good luck on your journey with mastering. Be prepared to listen to tons of music you don't enjoy; spend serious money on speakers and acoustics; and spend a lifetime training your 'ear' but still feeling like you're getting nowhere!

There are lots of great books to recommend, such as Bob Katz's seminal manual, but you may be interested in this...

Roey Izhaki's 'Mixing Audio'

The book comes with a complete set of both dry and wet audio stems for real world tracks in about 6 different genres. Though the tracks aren't the best, it's great to have ready-made vocal tracks, bass and rhythm sections for you to develop your mixing/matterand skills on. You can then compare your efforts to the various mastered ’versions' also provided.

Thanks :) Its not something I have much time to devote to for learning tbh. But after 20 years I feel like I could possibly do a good enough job on it for people looking for a cheap (but hopefully good enough!) option. Figured worth a go and offer some free masters and see what the feedback is like...

Sorry for thread derail!

Re OP - my current BM3 go-to AU are -

Zeeon
    Fac chorus
    Dixie.

I need to grab some more AU :/ reverb.. Saturation... Eq... Couple more synths. Have moog model 15 but tbh it rarely gets used recently after I got in to Zeeon. Need to go back to it and explore again.

Outside of AU I use idensity and Fieldscaper a lot.

• @stevedaniel said:
    You can create your own plug-ins with Ableton Live.

Not sure if this is spam or not, pretty good if it is a bot !!
    I have removed the affiliate link from your post ;)

• edited January 2018

I have a vast collection of apps. Too many now to fit on my iPad. So I will just address a few I’ve used with BM3 and why I use them or why I don’t now:

BeatHawk - have used a lot as an AU sound source, but have issues with it and it hogs my lowly Air2’s power!

Syntronik - I bought the full load when it first came out and love its sound. Yes it’s part rompler in one sense, but still a fair amount of control. I doubt my Air2 could run too many instances before falling to its knees though. Makes some lovely lush pads when layering sounds.

The PPG apps - love wavetable synths and these make great Bass, Bell, Crunchy Industrial sounds plus lots more!

I use the Korg stand alone synths like ODYSSEi and iWAVESTATION quite a bit, but they are IAA only and ‘ghost’ in the background after closing down. They also don’t load their sounds all the time when loading a save. They do sound great though. The only IAA I use regularly.

Some of the sample pack sounds for BM3 are very nice and seem very resource friendly.

Rozeta - the happy accident app for myself. I would not want to be without this app.

FX apps are harder to narrow down as the ones I like the most, such as Maxima, EOS2, Dubstation 2, ZMors EQ etc etc are probably all mentioned by now.

Lots more to try out, not enough hours in the day...

• Beatmaker as AU, you mean Beathawk right ?

• @5pinlink yep slip of the pen there ;)