Painting patterns in sequences

edited July 2008 in General
it seems i need to tap on each little pattern element to turn it on -- i mean lifting my finger and tapping. this isn't too bad, but what would be really nice is if you could just drag your finger across the grid and the pattern elements would toggle on/off as you dragged a finger over them. i think it would be much faster to work this way. there is already a good bit of dragging behavior in the beatmaker, so maybe it wouldn't be so difficult to translate that into the sequencer grid? even if it was constrained to just painting the horizontal rows, with no vertical painting, it would be huge.

is this actually working in the manner i am describing for anyone? i think the ideal solution would be a simple way to toggle this on and off, because it is probably equally useful to be able to tap in precise elements as well.

do the dev(s) ever peruse this forum? i hope they've made a decent bit of coin on this app in the itunes store, and they've got some incentive to listen to customers. i'm very happy with my purchase.

Comments

• edited 7:54AM
    I'd love to be able to just paint the beats in like that. I was going to suggest that myself.
    maybe this should go into a new thread, but another layer of usefulness would be to make a velocity toggle, maybe between 3 or 5 velocity levels.

say, you are at default middle value (middle volume/velocity), and if you want the successive notes you are entering in to be in a different volume -- touch an onscreen control that will change the velocity or volume for new pattern elements to be louder or softer. i don't have any suggestions about how to shoehorn these controls into the layout, but i assume future updates will be altering the layout anyway, so perhaps something to consider.

since the iphone doesn't have pressure sensitivity, this would be a very handy and fast way of changing velocity for each element in a pattern, or groups of elements.
    Yeah, painting instead of tapping would be really nice.
    agreed. this would be a nice little addition...
    good idea