Work In Progress

Started doing this over a couple afternoons at the coffee shop. Combines a few different styles... I don't really write "genre" music, I just write whatever comes out of my hands :) Enjoy!

Comments

• loved it

• edited January 2018

Absolutely loving the Neuros at the start !!!

• Nice track :) enjoyed the different sections. What are you using for the strings on the end?

• Very nice @drez

Would love to do a remix if you ever felt like posting the session (and listing the plugins used) :)

• That's really good @drez, kudo's!

• Nice. Dirty, epic and dreamy!

• edited January 2018

WOAH, transcendent. Thanks for the journey.

• Thank you very much, folks!

I've been learning a lot about BM3 and just kept trying different things, like messing with Borderlands separately, then importing the audio to a track, then running that track through another track with Soundfruuze as an effect, opening that up and "playing with the audio in realtime" and recording that. So much fun. Before I knew it I had 3 different section so I was like "ah well, it'll do". My iPad Pro is starting to bog down a bit so I might have to make some life choices and render stuff out to move forward.

@Heyez the strings are actually a combo of an iSEM pad and a single iSymphoic legato string patch with the EOS2 AU providing some reverb. The plan is to add 2 more string channels (if possible CPU wise) for some more chord modulations and builds. Right before that string section, I used the iSymphoic piano but had to throw a low pass filter on it because it was way too bright.

@tk32 When I get it a bit further along, I'd be happy to share either the project or the stems. Might be easier to just render it out to audio and work with it that way. Lots of iSEM, Kaspar, Kauldron, Phosphor, Zeeon, and the bassline is, of course, BASSalicious. That may be a one trick pony, but it makes the best synth bass sounds IMO. Frequently I just play around with a patch and then sample it to 1) save CPU and 2) mangle it up! Reverse it, add effects and then sample it again, etc. As a sound design tool, BM3 is pretty awesome.

I'm trying with earnest to finish the whole thing in BM3 so I can say "I did it!". BUT...I might end up rendering to audio and importing it into Live to be able to add some different things and be able to edit specific sections with more ease. I find that I can throw down ideas in BM3 very quickly, but at its current audio/midi "detail" editing, it can get pretty tedious and then less fun :( BUT it has come a loooong way from the initial release, so I've gotten further along then I ever have on a tune yet! @mathieugarcia I thought I made the wrong decision purchasing the iPad Pro, but BM3 has left me with no regrets!

• @drez How many banks are you working with?

• edited January 2018

I wish we had a way to render the effects per bank/pad when choosing internal input so bounce to audio would be quicker. Right now the only way I'm able to do it is through master and clever muting one by one. Since I'm only allowed 8 aux busses I can't do it this way either.

• @mefisme said:
    @drez How many banks are you working with?

20! But obviously not all at once. Because I have 3 different sections, I've got different banks being used for those sections. The only time I really every do multiple sound in a single bank is with a drum track because I get lost. I've toyed with putting all my arp's in one bank, basses in another, strings in another, so that I could do over arching effects for like sounds, like sidechains, cleanup compressors, etc. As long as you name things appropriately on those "submix" banks names, it might be the best way to handle it. I really just wish I had submix channels I could assign banks to. Maybe some day!

• @mefisme said:
    I wish we had a way to render the effects per bank/pad when choosing internal input so bounce to audio would be quicker. Right now the only way I'm able to do it is through master and clever muting one by one. Since I'm only allowed 8 aux busses I can't do it this way either.

Ah yes, that would be nice. Honestly, I'd just love freeze/unfreeze on channels in song mode. I'd have 50 channels of crapola going on!

• @drez said:

@mefisme said:

Ah yes, that would be nice. Honestly, I'd just love freeze/unfreeze on channels in song mode. I'd have 50 channels of crapola going on!

+1 if freeze/unfreeze is even possible. I'm already working with about 16 banks every session. I sort of started systematically rendering things as I go. Once I get them well mixed.

• +1 for freeze/unfreeze

• Thanks for heads up on isymphonic @drez, sounds good! Are those strings included in the base app or IAP? Cheers

• Base. I haven’t purchased any IAP yet

• Cool, thanks for info :)

• Hey folks! While we're all waiting for the update, here's the project file for this song:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zc7cv6rh98ch7mo/a_day_off.zip?dl=0

Here's a list of the plugins:

--Synths
    Bassalicious 1
    Zeeon
    Kauldron
    Kaspar
    Poison-202
    Phosphor 2
    iSEM
    Borderlands (that thing is the bees knees to sample)
    CMP Grandpiano
    iSymphonic

--Insert Effects
    Shaper
    NoLimits
    Soundfruuze (which i'm running Borderlands through, i think...I sampled the output of my mic in starbucks to make the background noise in the last section before the strings came in)

--Audio tracks from Soundfruuze "coffee shop" sample
    Eos 2
    Dubstation 2
    Replicant 2

• All Praise the mighty drez!

• edited September 2019

Thanks Drez.

...on multiple levels.

• @drez said:
    Hey folks! While we're all waiting for the update, here's the project file for this song:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zc7cv6rh98ch7mo/a_day_off.zip?dl=0

Here's a list of the plugins:

--Synths
    Bassalicious 1
    Zeeon
    Kauldron
    Kaspar
    Poison-202
    Phosphor 2
    iSEM
    Borderlands (that thing is the bees knees to sample)
    CMP Grandpiano
    iSymphonic

--Insert Effects
    Shaper
    NoLimits
    Soundfruuze (which i'm running Borderlands through, i think...I sampled the output of my mic in starbucks to make the background noise in the last section before the strings came in)

--Audio tracks from Soundfruuze "coffee shop" sample
    Eos 2
    Dubstation 2
    Replicant 2

Nice piece of work there! Well done!!!1