Feature request: swap pads

Title says it all; would be nice if the pad drop-down menu had a "Swap pad..." option; choose it then tap the target pad and the two pads are swapped.

I think the associated patterns should be swapped here as well.

Use case is dragging samples to pads in a bank, and then later realizing that a different layout is better.

Comments

• @adamv said:
    Title says it all; would be nice if the pad drop-down menu had a "Swap pad..." option; choose it then tap the target pad and the two pads are swapped.

I think the associated patterns should be swapped here as well.

Use case is dragging samples to pads in a bank, and then later realizing that a different layout is better.

Neat idea. Your saying in the same bank correct?

• I think this could be better implemented through some sort of drag and drop gestures. Maybe press a button - drag - and pads become drag gable. If you drag a pad to an occupied pad, a menu could appear giving you options (switch/replace/add/copy)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100 it would have to be a mode or part of the new copy paste pads section under select. Holding a pad without would break sample hold mode and playing keys. Would be quite interesting to see pads swapped though.

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wouldnt randomize make more sense on the MIDI notes themselves ?

• I still think just having a robust event randomize with options would be much better, what you are suggesting would be note randomize but with "Lanes only" selected.
    Having it as an option like that unifies the UX and puts all the randomize features in one area, rather than splintered.

• edited January 2018

Each pad has a lane in the step/pattern editor, "lanes only" would only randomize the lanes, so it would be the same as randomize pads, but it would be part of a single unified randomize for event data.
    Randomize examples...
    Lanes - All/Selected
    Notes - All/Selected
    Velocities - All/Selected
    Combinations of those three alone would give you near every type of randomisation possible, all within a single unified panel ;)

• @triton100 said:

@5pinlink said:
    Each pad has a lane in the step/pattern editor, "lanes only" would only randomize the lanes, so it would be the same as randomize pads, but it would be part of a single unified randomize for event data.
    Randomize examples...
    Lanes - All/Selected
    Notes - All/Selected
    Velocities - All/Selected
    Combinations of those three alone would give you near every type of randomisation possible, all within a single unified panel ;)

Gotcha. Sounds like a great idea

+1 Great idea

+1 for Pad swapping too!