Midi controller blues..

2»

Comments

• @mathieugarcia could we maybe see 'freeze track' bumped up the backlog as a temporary workaround?

I miss that feature pretty often anyway when my iPad starts to feel the strain. But would be great in relation to this too. So I could quickly freeze rozetta banks for use while I'm in omni mode, would be cool for quick switching between the two midi setup workflows..

• First we need MIDI AU to actually work before freezing them haha, right now they dont do what they are suppised to unless you record the MIDI from them.

• @5pinlink said:
    First we need MIDI AU to actually work before freezing them haha, right now they dont do what they are suppised to unless you record the MIDI from them.

Im not sure I understand properly or if I've encountered this bug you're talking about?

But doesn't separate tracks wav export work? If so then I'd have thought the same kind of process under the hood could be used to freeze/unfreeze a track? Probably not a trivial piece of coding to implement but makes sense to get this one in there pretty soon imho.. Not everyone using current iPads and probably hitting cpu issues quite easily and having to resample full tracks as workaround :/ Not something I miss from the days of tape multitracking ;)

• @Heyez if you try and export a track that's being controlled by rozeta live, meaning you didn't record the midi data into a pattern, then the rozeta "performance" will not be exported. I believe this is what @5pinlink is talking about.

• edited February 2018

@ronji said:
    @Heyez if you try and export a track that's being controlled by rozeta live, meaning you didn't record the midi data into a pattern, then the rozeta "performance" will not be exported. I believe this is what @5pinlink is talking about.

Export of midi will definitely not happen unless it is recorded or resampled. Freezing tells the DAW to export/resample with all effects included and is non-destructive to your audio. The only thing close to a freeze that we have is resampling the master channel, but this is the audio destructive way

• Ah! Makes sense now. Wasn't aware of that problem. Hopefully smoother seas not too far away..

• edited February 2018

Nope, im talking about the fact that MIDI AU playback is completely different to what it records as MIDI, it is out of sync and note lengths are all shortened, and some notes are missing.
    It is completely unusable live, the MIDI needs to be recorded to MIDI patterns.

Recording of the MIDI is perfect however.

• In this video first you will notice that the first notes are missing right at the start, thenthe patterns will sound a bit offsync and disjointed, then i record to MIDI and remove the MIDI AUs, it is slicker than snot.

Hopefully this gets a fix soon so we can use MIDI AU in realtime.

• @5pinlink said:
    Hopefully this gets a fix soon so we can use MIDI AU in realtime.

+1 for non-recorded realtime MIDI AU sync.

• It isnt just sync, its missing notes and note lengths too, its unusable as is really.

• @5pinlink said:
    It isnt just sync, its missing notes and note lengths too, its unusable as is really.

When playing not recording?