Simpler AU MIDI routing

It's inconvenient to have to set up a bank, load a plugin and set up MIDI routing for an AU MIDI plugin, when 9 times out of 10 all I want is to route a single Rozeta plugin into an AU instrument. How about if banks had a separate MIDI plugin slot that would load a single plugin, routing the bank's MIDI input to it, and the plugin's output to the rest of the bank?

Comments

• edited February 2018

When I mess around with AUv3 Midi Plug-Ins I keep them all in the same bank just on different pads.
    BM3 could get inspired by a thing or two from AUM when it comes to midi-routing and cc mapping.

• edited February 2018

@quarterto said:
    It's inconvenient to have to set up a bank, load a plugin and set up MIDI routing for an AU MIDI plugin, when 9 times out of 10 all I want is to route a single Rozeta plugin into an AU instrument. How about if banks had a separate MIDI plugin slot that would load a single plugin, routing the bank's MIDI input to it, and the plugin's output to the rest of the bank?

I can't really agree with this because a lot of users want multiple AU MIDI in to one plugin etc, wouldn't it make more sense to just have a "Swap plugin" option in the browser, so you could set up a template with your AU MIDI feeding to a synth plugin, then when you want a different plugin you just swap it in.
    So you would just create a bank for your AU MIDI > Plugin setup.
    Load the bank, Load the right synth, done.

• @5pinlink said:

@quarterto said:

I can't really agree with this because a lot of users want multiple AU MIDI in to one plugin etc, wouldn't it make more sense to just have a "Swap plugin" option in the browser, so you could set up a template with your AU MIDI feeding to a synth plugin, then when you want a different plugin you just swap it in.
    So you would just create a bank for your AU MIDI > Plugin setup.
    Load the bank, Load the right synth, done.

Nice idea! Would be dope!

• @samu @5pinlink maybe there's something I'm missing here, how do you go about setting up MIDI plugins into pads and routing MIDI between them?

• edited February 2018

When an AUv3 Midi Plug-In is loaded to a pad it creates a midi-output.
    Instead of selecting a midi-source at the bank-level do it at the pad-level.