Scale lock

Is there a way to lock the scale so when switching sound packs the scale and key can remain? It seems to default to c chromatic.

Can we have the scale and key mirror across banks? So from bank A when creating B the same key and scale will be generated in B as was set in A, for example?

Comments

• @Optimus said:
    Is there a way to lock the scale so when switching sound packs the scale and key can remain? It seems to default to c chromatic.

Can we have the scale and key mirror across banks? So from bank A when creating B the same key and scale will be generated in B as was set in A, for example?

It is not possible to mirror scales and keys of pads from one bank to another when loading. Take notice (if you haven't) that each pad in a bank can have it's own scale and key type. It is not global to the bank itself. When you load a bank, everything is reset. Your best workaround is to resave the bank as a custom one. If the pack loaded is a keys based instrument, you can save the scale and key I believe.

• Ok, so this is the intended behavior. Thank you.

How about when switching packs within a bank? The pack replaces the same pad and it reverts to c chromatic. Is there a way to keep the scale and key, G major for example vs having it revert to c chromatic?

• @Optimus said:
    Ok, so this is the intended behavior. Thank you.

How about when switching packs within a bank? The pack replaces the same pad and it reverts to c chromatic. Is there a way to keep the scale and key, G major for example vs having it revert to c chromatic?

A pack is just a bank with samples. Just a different descriptor to the same thing. So, loading this resets the bank. You will have to resave the bank with the key and scale pre-set for it to load in that key every time. The other alternative is using my ERNs bank preset in resources subcategory here on forums. It allows you to to load any samples or copy pads from packs (banks) and play them at any scale/key without destroying your prebuilt packs.

• I understand what you are saying, again it is the intended behavior. Seems like any more belongs in the form of a request for the option to lock the scale.

Thank you @mefisme and that is a great avatar.

• @Optimus said:
    I understand what you are saying, again it is the intended behavior. Seems like any more belongs in the form of a request for the option to lock the scale.

Thank you @mefisme and that is a great avatar.

Yes, intended behavior. Thanks on the avatar. Took the photo myself. :)