Recording to Audio Tracks from Banks issue

edited March 2018 in Bug reports

It seems somewhat hit or miss to me when this actually works. It could be the longer the recording the more likely it is not to work or simply the longer the recording the more it hurts when it does not work. ;)

1.) I set up the input on the Audio Track to receive a Bank that has an AU synth
2.) I press Play ensuring that the Record dot is active.
3.) I do test recordings several times with short recordings of a few seconds. They show up properly in the song view.
4.) I test it again, this time by going into the AU synth, plunking a few notes down and twiddling knobs
5.) Again, I press stop, when i go to the song there are a few seconds of newly recorded audio, exactly what I played
6.) I take a sip of Chamomile tea, crack my knuckles, hit Play (with Record still on) again and hop back to the AU synth to record my real-time 5 minute masterpiece
7.) When I am done playing I go back to the song... nothing there... I check my recordings folder... no new recording...

Anyway, in the meanwhile I can just record from the AU window/keyboard and line up the recording by hand afterwards, as that seems solid, but there definitely seems to be some sort of bug with Audio Track recording.

Comments

• It is definitely something going on with the audio recording... its a hit or miss for me.. works then it does not work.

• I’m having similar troubles lately, since I started using audio tracks more often. Wanted to record a processed vocal on another audio track (would prefer a pad, but what can you do? Seriously, is it possible?), inputs ok, armed, no record.
    In song view the track did not color red either...

• Yah I have been wanting to record Turnado AU UI noodelings in realtime but given that it is an AU effect and there is no record options when you have an AU effect up the only option is audio tracks... but they are, in this version anyway, hit or miss.

Anywho, I do think this sort of things has been brought up a few times now and I am pretty much seeing 3.1 as a new 'singularity' or 'paradigm shift' in that, who knows, anything I bring up at this point may or may not even be relevant.

• @Audiogus said:
    Anywho, I do think this sort of things has been brought up a few times now and I am pretty much seeing 3.1 as a new 'singularity' or 'paradigm shift' in that, who knows, anything I bring up at this point may or may not even be relevant.

Yes, still manically hitting refresh. Starting to feel like Waldo in that Velvet Underground song. Hope this story has a happier ending 😜

• I believe I’ve run into this bug a few times now. I was confused about this thread at first because when you press the record button at top right, play should engage at the same time, you hear your count in, and you’re off. If you press record and that doesn’t happen, then record isn’t going to work. You don’t enable record and then press play. I’m not sure what causes this, but if you press record and it doesn’t just go, stop everything, maybe save as, then quit and relaunch B3.

• edited August 2018

@ronji said:
    I believe I’ve run into this bug a few times now. I was confused about this thread at first because when you press the record button at top right, play should engage at the same time, you hear your count in, and you’re off. If you press record and that doesn’t happen, then record isn’t going to work. You don’t enable record and then press play. I’m not sure what causes this, but if you press record and it doesn’t just go, stop everything, maybe save as, then quit and relaunch B3.

Oh interesting! I shall be sure to pay more attention next time. Thanks for the tip. yah, it just happened to me yesterday. Heh, I decided to use Cubasis at the same time for some recording duties now. Export temp track to Cubasis then host BM3 in Cubasis for recording, that way I can do realtime recording of things like Turnado. Files makes this all easier. Hopefuly it is all fixed in yadda yadda...

• @ronji said:
    I believe I’ve run into this bug a few times now. I was confused about this thread at first because when you press the record button at top right, play should engage at the same time, you hear your count in, and you’re off. If you press record and that doesn’t happen, then record isn’t going to work. You don’t enable record and then press play. I’m not sure what causes this, but if you press record and it doesn’t just go, stop everything, maybe save as, then quit and relaunch B3.

Despite hearing the count in I am still getting tracks not recording. It almost seems like the project just gets to a point where 'no more for you'. :(

• So.... I have spent a couple hours recording audio tracks with zero problems.

I almost wonder/hope that this was an AU issue fixed by iOS12....

• It certainly feels to me a number of (previously) quirky behaviours in BeatMaker 3.0.10 have been improved by iOS 12.

The biggest improvement being noticeably better memory management for multiple same AUv3 instances (eg 4 copies of Synthmaster One)

• Right! Tru dat, I can get one or two more Synthmaster Ones...