"Single Channel" MIDI mode for pad banks - is it working as intended?

Been setting my stuff up today and this feature (which I'd long hungered for!) has vexxed me a little.

I'm trying to set up a drum bank with it, if I set channel 9 (yeah yeah convention -- I have a second drum bank on channel 10) and input port "ALL" - regardless if note data is coming in on those channels, no pads are triggered. If I actually go to a pad and set it to input port "ALL" and channel 9, it'll then be triggered.

However - when I go through all the pads and set them like this, if any note is sent on that port then all pads will receive it. I got around this by mapping the MIDI samples to only the note allocated for that drum, but then it means that I can't use choke groups as all pads are being hit simultaneously (thus choke groups are getting choked by a different pad which isn't sounding but is activating). I've just disabled choke groups for now and it's usable if not ideal.

Can anyone suggest any way that I can send MIDI notes 0-'n' to a bank of 'n' pads on channel 'n', and have one pad respond independently to each MIDI note?

Cheers!
Oscar

Comments

• edited May 2018

Bank/MIDI Setup (press three dots on bank header etc)
    MIDI input = Choose the port.
    Channel = 9
    Mode = Single channel

Just tried it with various channels to different banks and it all works fine (Virtual MIDI) So if it doesnt work then there is a bug with hardware MIDI inputs.

• @5pinlink said:
    Bank/MIDI Setup (press three dots on bank header etc)
    MIDI input = Choose the port.
    Channel = 9
    Mode = Single channel

Just tried it with various channels to different banks and it all works fine (Virtual MIDI) So if it doesnt work then there is a bug with hardware MIDI inputs.

Cheers for having a look.

It’s actually worked fine for me too on other banks, but this one specifically behaves differently. I’ll copy the samples over onto a new bank.

Thanks again

• That is weird, can you upload the bank somewhere for me to have a look at ?