AUfx - DAW Cassette- Klevgrand

edited May 2018 in Compatibility

Website
App Store

Description
DAW Cassette emulates the sound of a classical tape deck.

Size - 4.2mb
IOS - 9.1+
Format - AU/Standalone

Post any issues you have found.

Tagged:

Comments

• I do find that even though I have stopped the song the sample noise still plays from the fx and won’t stop even after pressing the stop button to kill midi.

• edited May 2018

Yeah, the noise is normal, and happens with lots of other plugins too (if your ears are good enough to hear it). For example, FAC chorus can get pretty noisy with some settings.

The Dolby K mode was designed to be noise free in this plugin, and to avoid confusion Klevgrand renamed this setting to Noise: low / high / off in the recent update.

.. And btw, it's correct behaviour for the plugin to continue effecting the signal chain permanently, regardless of the playback status.

• Ok thanks for that. I just used fac transient to drop the sound so when the song stops it fades away.

• Yo, how is this app? I just got fly tape and I love it but don’t love the cpu spikes. How is this compared?? My all time fav fox is turnado.

• edited May 2018

No cpu spikes here, but then again it doesn't try to do that tape wind-down effect either

I like DAW Cassette, but can't compare the two as I only own this one

• Might have to check this one out..

• Looks cool but its a bit pricey at nearly £13!! :open_mouth:

• Pricey in comparison to what ?
    What price is the desktop version that is exactly the same ?

• edited September 2018

Ha, you won't get much sympathy here for suggesting these apps are expensive.

5pin is right - in his own inimitably gruff way. The quality of all these plugins is close to professional/desktop level - if not identical - and yet (usually) cost about 10% of the price.