How do I break the addiction ?

Me refreshing this forum each day with constant hope of news about 3.1 is literally becoming an obsession. I’m so excited. Yet equally trying not to be.

Any help on how I can break this pattern would be gratefully received ;)

Comments

  • @groovey Lmaoo. Same here. At least 10 times a day, It has become a parttime job :D :D . At this rate, I will be in rehab at the end of June and miss the update lol

  • Still nothing 😜

  • edited June 2018

    @Michael Lawrence ha ha oh boy, so my only hope is rehab. I love that it is also your part time job too. Thought I was the only one. Must.... resist .....
    @denx lol. Can we expect you to update this thread each day with that comment ha

  • @groovey more like every 10 minutes. Got nothing better to do anyway right now 😂😭🤣😨😐

  • Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. Take a piss. Refresh. Refresh. Drink some coffee. Refresh. Refresh.

    Sound familiar?

  • @tk32 said:
    Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. Take a piss. Refresh. Refresh. Drink some coffee. Refresh. Refresh.

    Sound familiar?

    Lol

  • Stop refreshing, and go make music instead. The tools are already good enough to make great tracks...

  • @groovey @denx it's the last thing I do before I sleep and the first thing I do when I wake up lol

  • There is no 3.1, y2k bug was a bit late but it has wiped all the source, there ya go, addiction broken, move on, make music.

  • @5pinlink said:
    There is no 3.1, y2k bug was a bit late but it has wiped all the source, there ya go, addiction broken, move on, make music.

    Oh trust me lots of music is being made. Am just having a little fun grumpy pants ;)

  • To be fair I'm refreshing while I should be working, at times when I can't make music ;)

  • Lol. I don’t see how any Intua fans/users could be holding their breath for updates or releases. Been a user since BM1 and one thing that is consistent is Intua taking its time, not telling you shit, and most importantly....being worth the wait.

  • edited June 2018

    Making obsessive lists of most anticipated update items always helps me. ;)

    -(bug) automation improvements (many AU params missing, buggy value ranges)
    -(bug) being able to split or merge patterns and properly retain automation
    -(bug) ‘create pattern’ allow gaps (and give zero slice length warning) for when using ‘slice to pads’
    -(feature) pattern length /2, x2
    -(feature) midi clock
    -(feature) multi pad parameter editing, sample trim/normalize

    These are the only six items for me that I have come up with over the last five months. So really I am quite happy with our lil BM3. :)

  • I’m just scratching the surface of possibilities with B3. Looking forward to it getting better but there’s nothing wrong with it currently that keeps me from enjoying it.

    I’m gonna try to leave out the extra M (B3). A lady friend overheard a convo about it and thought I was discussing fecal matters. :s

  • @WillieNegus hahaha I think @5pinlink is also trying to use B3 for the same reason. I'll join y'all =)

    For me, it's mainly the timing issues and crashes that hurt the most. I've tried to make progress on my kitchen battle submission but I'm getting reproducible crashing when slicing a lot sample into lots of slices (around 70 so far?) And double tapping the slices to play them. I know there have been fixes confirmed for similar issues and many others in the forum, so that's what I'm hoping for the most.

  • edited June 2018

    All timing and grid issues are my bug bear to be honest, as for name, heres the jimmy on that
    1 BM = Taking a s**t
    2 Beatmaker = Already exists as a VST company

    So the facts are that they can't use that name anyway when they move to AU/VST, it would just be ridiculous, and actually partially disrespectful of the current Beatmaker company, may even be confusing for some.

    B3 is a vitamin that is needed to create NAD, Nads are a slang term for genitals in the UK and B3 is "The dogs bollox"
    So it all fell in to place nicely and hangs to the left ;)

  • edited June 2018

    @5pinlink said:

    B3 is a vitamin that is needed to create NAD, Nads are a slang term for genitals in the UK and B3 is "The dogs bollox"
    So it all fell in to place nicely and hangs to the left ;)

    The dogs bollox? Lmfao. In NYC, “The Shit” can actually be slang for the Best.

    Example: “That Beatmaker 3 app is The Shit ya heard?!”
    Translation: “get B3 now!”

    So technically, BM3 wouldn’t be bad...but... if it’s all the same...I’m gonna go with what doesn’t make hot women think I’m talking about my 3rd bowel movement of the day for the win. :#

  • @WillieNegus said:

    @5pinlink said:

    B3 is a vitamin that is needed to create NAD, Nads are a slang term for genitals in the UK and B3 is "The dogs bollox"
    So it all fell in to place nicely and hangs to the left ;)

    The dogs bollox? Lmfao. In NYC, “The Shit” can actually be slang for the Best.

    Example: “That Beatmaker 3 app is The Shit ya heard?!”
    Translation: “get B3 now!”

    So technically, BM3 wouldn’t be bad...but... if it’s all the same...I’m gonna go with what doesn’t make hot women think I’m talking about my 3rd bowel movement of the day for the win. :#

    You must roll in some seriously polite society. Have never heard anyone use the expression bowel movement before other than a dietician or doctor.

  • edited June 2018

    @groovey said:

    You must roll in some seriously polite society. Have never heard anyone use the expression bowel movement before other than a dietician or doctor.

    Lmfao. I live in Miami now. Wouldn’t go so far as to accuse any of my neighbors of being “polite”, but I will say my environment down here is light years away from the Bronx. Ironically, I too had never heard anyone use BM to describe shit in public outside of a doctors office until a sexy French girl with a big ol booty by the name of Dominique...yesterday.

    Long live B3!

  • @WillieNegus said:

    @groovey said:

    You must roll in some seriously polite society. Have never heard anyone use the expression bowel movement before other than a dietician or doctor.

    Lmfao. I live in Miami now. Wouldn’t go so far as to accuse any of my neighbors of being “polite”, but I will say my environment down here is light years away from the Bronx. Ironically, I too had never heard anyone use BM to describe shit in public outside of a doctors office until a sexy French girl with a big ol booty by the name of Dominique...yesterday.

    Long live B3!

    Lol. ‘Excuse moi willie, I jus need to do a bowel movement. Merci’.
    What on earth happened to powdering their noses 😁

  • @ronji said:
    @WillieNegus hahaha I think @5pinlink is also trying to use B3 for the same reason. I'll join y'all =)

    For me, it's mainly the timing issues and crashes that hurt the most. I've tried to make progress on my kitchen battle submission but I'm getting reproducible crashing when slicing a lot sample into lots of slices (around 70 so far?) And double tapping the slices to play them. I know there have been fixes confirmed for similar issues and many others in the forum, so that's what I'm hoping for the most.

    Yeah, crashes and just editing in the sequencer is too touchy. There is no gap between notes in the grid, the automation is weird for touch, not being able to see meters and mute/solo on a channel unless I’m on the mixer is really a workflow killer. I should have mixer volume/mute/solo available on every screen for the pad I am working on.

  • @WillieNegus said:

    @groovey said:

    You must roll in some seriously polite society. Have never heard anyone use the expression bowel movement before other than a dietician or doctor.

    Lmfao. I live in Miami now. Wouldn’t go so far as to accuse any of my neighbors of being “polite”, but I will say my environment down here is light years away from the Bronx. Ironically, I too had never heard anyone use BM to describe shit in public outside of a doctors office until a sexy French girl with a big ol booty by the name of Dominique...yesterday.

    That is hot on so many levels.

  • edited June 2018

    @drez said:

    @ronji said:
    @WillieNegus hahaha I think @5pinlink is also trying to use B3 for the same reason. I'll join y'all =)

    For me, it's mainly the timing issues and crashes that hurt the most. I've tried to make progress on my kitchen battle submission but I'm getting reproducible crashing when slicing a lot sample into lots of slices (around 70 so far?) And double tapping the slices to play them. I know there have been fixes confirmed for similar issues and many others in the forum, so that's what I'm hoping for the most.

    Yeah, crashes and just editing in the sequencer is too touchy. There is no gap between notes in the grid, the automation is weird for touch, not being able to see meters and mute/solo on a channel unless I’m on the mixer is really a workflow killer. I should have mixer volume/mute/solo available on every screen for the pad I am working on.

    Ahh, yes, mute solo and meters... ok then, #7 on my list.

Sign In or Register to comment.