Is there a way to turn off fixed velocity when playing using a touch screen

Hey,
I was wondering if there was a way to remove fixed velocity so that way the velocity used for a recorded drum hit depended on how hard you tapped the screen. Is this possible or is the only way to get varied velocity by way of the midi controller.

Comments

• edited July 2018

Quality velocity sensitivity touchscreens in the consumer marketspace is about 4 or 5 generations away minimum, that is if Apple decide to actually release it in consumer space.

• For now, the best you can do is to enable vertical-based velocity on the pads in B3.

Find the 'velocity fader' (which is on one of the left panel in Pads view) then press the tiny cog at the bottom for options.

It's pretty good for tapping-in hihats ;)

• @tk32 said:
    For now, the best you can do is to enable vertical-based velocity on the pads in B3.

Find the 'velocity fader' (which is on one of the left panel in Pads view) then press the tiny cog at the bottom for options.

It's pretty good for tapping-in hihats ;)

waouh, I have been looking for this feature for a long time, and it was right here in front of my eyes ! Thank you for the tip @tk32 ;)

• Glad to have helped @Sygma

I'm tempted to start a top tips thread where everyone can submit their own killer tips.

• Thanks for the input guys, it's very much appreciated.

I guess the best I could do is use the slider to change velocity and get used to that.