Egoist updated to AUV3. Let the games begin !

One of the best iOS music apps around, after beatmaker 3 of course, is now AUV3.

SO.
MUCH.
FUN, I feel like kissing a random stranger.

«1

Comments

  • Ah jeez. Getting this the second my direct deposit hits next Friday.

  • <-- random stranger

  • @ronji said:
    Ah jeez. Getting this the second my direct deposit hits next Friday.

    You will have so much fun especially being Mr jungle drum n bass it’s right up your street.

  • The file system seems buggy now though. More than half of my samples don't show up as it looks like there is a file cap. It just stops at a certain number.

    Looks like they really need to do a fix.

  • Plus you can't import in the AU. Need to do it in standalone then re-run the host for the sample to show up... if it even does. Also it seems like you need to set up iCloud if you want to manage your files. They really should just have regular Files support. I really don't want to have to give Apple money for using Egoist, heh, would rather give it to Sugar Bytes.

  • Can we get a screengrab and install size from someone please.

  • edited August 24

    I know the download is just shy of 500mb, but no idea how big the footprint is after install (and not yet convinced to drop £30 in order to to find out ;))

  • edited August 24

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqqmtzqwcowao1v/IMG_0111.JPG?dl=0

    Just grabbed the update. Not sure why the image isn’t showing

  • Apparently iPad screenshots are too big for the forum?

  • edited August 25

    Its ok, i want the original size, its not the size, its dropbox.

    That scrolling for the UI is a bit disappointing !!

  • Heh, no scrolling this way ;)

  • @MSandoval looks like it is 128 samples

  • OK, now i'm confused, can i get a screengrab of the default view from someone please :)

  • @5pinlink Updated the post above with the original size; default view.
    @Audiogus Thanks. And no more backups to iMazing/iFunBox using it's iTunes shared folder.

  • Im not really explaining myself for sure.
    Can i get a screen grab of the plugin as soon as it is loaded, with the B3 keyboard.

    Then can somebody explain to me how @Audiogus sreengrab shows a much smaller version that does not need scrolling ?

  • edited August 26

    @5pinlink many of the newer AUv3 plugins can scale to different widths, so Audiogus is demonstrating that by opening the left panel you force the plugin to shrink a little and therefore is able show more vertical space. You can do the same thing with Sunrizer - it just makes some of the dials a little smaller to grab :)

    Older plugins will just stubbornly stay at a predetermined width and height, so for these you will occasionally need to scroll. I think Poison-202 works this way, for example.

    Others still take a more modular approach, and will redraw and even reposition elements based on the available canvas width/height. A few examples of this type are Synthmaster One, and the new RE-1 by Kai Aras.

  • Ahhh OK, my lack of plugin buying went against me there i guess, I have no plugins that do that.

  • edited August 26

    I think the best way to categorize the types of plugin UI is as follows...

    1. Fixed
    2. Scalable
    3. Responsive
  • 3 Would be Responsive

  • Thanks. Updated above

  • Here is an IAA era vid showing how you can use the Egoist transient detector with BM3 ‘slice to pads’ karate chop action...

  • Can somebody post the deafult view of this in B3 ?
    I have the extended view above, but need the small view too

  • edited September 4

    @5pinlink Moved the default 'small view' photo (w/ keyboard) to the AUi/Compatability category thread:
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7004

    This view gives you the draggable areas on the left & right.

  • @MSandoval said:

    Dayum son, you gotta hide that keyboard.

  • @Audiogus said:

    @MSandoval said:

    Dayum son, you gotta hide that keyboard.

    Can't do palm glissando without it :p

  • @MSandoval said:
    @5pinlink Moved the default 'small view' photo (w/ keyboard) to the AUi/Compatability category thread:
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7004

    This view gives you the draggable areas on the left & right.

    Cheers dude :)

  • Well, I've been abusing Egoist AU in BM3, and it's been stable, not quite rock-solid, but very stable considering what it's capable of. BM3+Egoist are an amazing combo! The Bass unit's sequencer sends MIDI out (& AU MIDI too but we'll have to wait for that). Plus playing the slices via BM3's pads (shown in Audiogus' video above) is fun.

    Looks like Files app support, increasing the sample limit >128, etc., may be coming in the next update. No timeframe mentioned. Got this via email.

    The current iCloud Drive storage solution is now easier to copy files from AudioShare/BM3/Documents to Egoist's User Sample folder (since iCloud Drive is visible in the Files App), but true Files app support would be nice. Anyway, amazing combo.

  • edited September 12

    @MSandoval said:
    Well, I've been abusing Egoist AU in BM3, and it's been stable, not quite rock-solid, but very stable considering what it's capable of. BM3+Egoist are an amazing combo! The Bass unit's sequencer sends MIDI out (& AU MIDI too but we'll have to wait for that). Plus playing the slices via BM3's pads (shown in Audiogus' video above) is fun.

    Looks like Files app support, increasing the sample limit >128, etc., may be coming in the next update. No timeframe mentioned. Got this via email.

    The current iCloud Drive storage solution is now easier to copy files from AudioShare/BM3/Documents to Egoist's User Sample folder (since iCloud Drive is visible in the Files App), but true Files app support would be nice. Anyway, amazing combo.

    It truly is incredible. My setup is egoist + bm3 + model 15 (and one or two other alternating synths like synthmaster etc. ) The egoist bass and drums are so underrated and powerful as duck.

    The shit I’m coming out with nowadays is crazy since I’ve mastered those three, rather than spreading myself across a million synths.

    Ps your banks of instruments and drums are REALLY good. So generous of you and much appreciated.

  • Yeah, it's tough now that AUv3 is taking off. Lots of distractions but it's fun. Addicting but at least it's manageable, unlike my past Eurorack addiction (the average iOS app is $10, the average Euro module is $300).

    But nowadays I could get by with just BM3+Egoist+zMors Modular. Plus the sample banks. Just a hobby these days.

Sign In or Register to comment.