AUfx - RE-1 - Kai Aras

Standard View

Expanded View

Website
App Store

Description
RE-1 is a full featured virtual Tape Machine capable of delivering authentic tape based echo and chorus effects but it doesn't stop there. With it's interactive tape player, sample, loop and overdub features it's possible to use it like a virtual tape recorder, sample player, looper or simply as a master effect.

Size - 149.8mb
IOS - 11+
Format - AU

Post any issues you have found.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2018

A few initial issues, though it's still early days (and I'm sure they'll get patched):

• the animated tape heads/reels/spools sometimes stop moving when they should still be rolling in BM3, but this is only a visual glitch and you can still touch them to manually tweak the speed (it's similar to slowing vinyl with your hand).
    • Toggling the 'Link transport' mode on/off seems a little buggy in BM3. From what I've heard it works fine in AUM.
  • I am beyond stoked to check this thing out!! This is exactly the kind of shizzle for me! <3
    I've got it, now I just need the time to check it out! lol

• I did, finally, last night. Just a blast. Not enough time ...

• edited September 2018

Massive update just released for this.

From the size of the release notes it looks like Kai has fixed every single bug and glitch there was (some of which I listed above), so I'd say you can probably buy this amazing tape echo with full confidence now.

The only issue that remains is the size of it. 160mb+ doesn't make any sense for what it is/does. But hey, storage is rarely a major concern these days.

Thanks to @huphtur for the heads up on this (which came via our cool new Discord chatroom)