Midi import on GarageBand !

You can now import midi files on GarageBand iOS !!! It will be a game changer !

Comments

  • Why will this be a game changer ? (I hate that term, I am currently playing Voodoo Vince, how does this change that ? )

  • edited September 17

    Yea not knocking the usefulness of that feature and not wanting to be an arse here but it feels like literally everything is a game changer these days. What game exactly?

  • Do the instruments in Garageband follow the GM standard?
    This could be a big deal with the DTM crowd. (The folks using the 90/00s Yamaha/Roland/Korg half-rack multi-timbral rompler synths & GM MIDI song files). Still lots of DTM folks in Asia. Millions of GM MIDI songs on the net for free.

  • Pretty sure Audio Evolution has the GM MIDI file handling nailed.

  • Yeah, the gamechanger comment on the AB forum was a bit of an anticlimax... just a bit of fun though.

  • Haha :) I like how it sounds, game changeRrrrrr

  • I think midi import is a big deal. Game changer??? Not really but it is big. I am able to take what I did in other apps let’s say Beathawk export the midi and then open up the au on every channel instead everything being boxed in Beathawk so I can actually finish stuff. Duplicate the midi and even add some of garage bands instruments and effects using the same patterns. I like it.

  • So catching up with other apps then lol.

  • Yup. Have a lot of tracks just sitting out there lol

  • So yeah sorry for the G##e C#####r maybe toomuch in this case ...
    The thing that I like is that I can begin a song within the iPad and continu in Logic. So i can import stuff from the web, make my tricks and than mix/master in Logic
    Here is one exemple of how it sounds :smile:

    It will be nice when we ll can do the same in BM3 desktop version, if it release.

  • Are you Ricardello? Great song & video.

  • Yes :) that’s me, thanks Tonbogiri !

  • @znomusic said:
    Yes :) that’s me, thanks Tonbogiri !

    Yeah this is great, you should enter the BM3 Battles!

  • @znomusic said:
    So yeah sorry for the G##e C#####r maybe toomuch in this case ...
    The thing that I like is that I can begin a song within the iPad and continu in Logic. So i can import stuff from the web, make my tricks and than mix/master in Logic
    Here is one exemple of how it sounds :smile:

    It will be nice when we ll can do the same in BM3 desktop version, if it release.

    Nice!

  • Yeah, enter the battles for sure!

    I think the next one is likely to be a video game theme remix (though it's not confirmed yet)

  • I’m not so familiar enough to make something clean but why not, let’s try :)

  • What do you mean "Clean" ?
    That vid is immense dude !!!!

  • @znomusic said:
    So yeah sorry for the G##e C#####r maybe toomuch in this case ...
    The thing that I like is that I can begin a song within the iPad and continu in Logic. So i can import stuff from the web, make my tricks and than mix/master in Logic
    Here is one exemple of how it sounds :smile:

    It will be nice when we ll can do the same in BM3 desktop version, if it release.

    Love it too. Makes get hurry up to finish my new keytar and jam over it!

  • What TV show are the visuals from? It looks familiar.

  • @dubbylabby said:

    @znomusic said:
    So yeah sorry for the G##e C#####r maybe toomuch in this case ...
    The thing that I like is that I can begin a song within the iPad and continu in Logic. So i can import stuff from the web, make my tricks and than mix/master in Logic
    Here is one exemple of how it sounds :smile:

    It will be nice when we ll can do the same in BM3 desktop version, if it release.

    Love it too. Makes get hurry up to finish my new keytar and jam over it!

    Keytar jam ? Yummy :)

  • @tk32 said:
    What TV show are the visuals from? It looks familiar.

    COBRA :)

  • @5pinlink said:
    What do you mean "Clean" ?
    That vid is immense dude !!!

    I mean I have to work on it to Laker sound like my plugins :)

  • @znomusic said:

    @dubbylabby said:

    @znomusic said:
    So yeah sorry for the G##e C#####r maybe toomuch in this case ...
    The thing that I like is that I can begin a song within the iPad and continu in Logic. So i can import stuff from the web, make my tricks and than mix/master in Logic
    Here is one exemple of how it sounds :smile:

    It will be nice when we ll can do the same in BM3 desktop version, if it release.

    Love it too. Makes get hurry up to finish my new keytar and jam over it!

    Keytar jam ? Yummy :)

    Yes Sir... I’m that kind of Kung Fury person :trollface:

  • @dubbylabby said:

    @znomusic said:

    @dubbylabby said:

    @znomusic said:
    So yeah sorry for the G##e C#####r maybe toomuch in this case ...
    The thing that I like is that I can begin a song within the iPad and continu in Logic. So i can import stuff from the web, make my tricks and than mix/master in Logic
    Here is one exemple of how it sounds :smile:

    It will be nice when we ll can do the same in BM3 desktop version, if it release.

    Love it too. Makes get hurry up to finish my new keytar and jam over it!

    Keytar jam ? Yummy :)

    Yes Sir... I’m that kind of Kung Fury person :trollface:

    Have you got some stuff I can listen to ?

  • edited September 22

    Well once upon a time...

    I had build my keytar using some gear parts and tinkering and use it to mental healing playing over BlocsWave/Launchpad instrumental parts like in this video...

    But last 6 months had been plenty of changes (Ampify apps going unstable, buying/selling an arranger to get finally again a mac mini...) includding buying a faulty microkorg which I’m using to upgrade my keytar into the ultimate retroweapon of coolness (you must said it with the Broforce voice) which takes more time than the other changes leaving me without a regular midi keyboard/synth to keep doing those bizarre solos you and everyone need to survive so I had to focus in other duties...
    :trollface:

    So... what do you need and what’s the deadline? I want to finish it before anybody on this whole planet...

Sign In or Register to comment.