How can I record the midi output of Rozetta Bassline into a pattern (3.0.11)

I tried just hitting record and that didn’t work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

  • I don't think you can :(

  • It is impossible unfortunately.
    The chain works like this...
    1 MIDI input (hardware or on screen keys or pads)
    2 MIDI effcts (AU MIDI)
    3 Sound source (AUi or Sampler, either of these are needed to make the bank active)
    4 Recorder
    As you can see, the ability to record is AFTER the sound source, so when you record it records audio from the sound source.
    There is no routing of MIDI, until there is routing you wont be able to record, if we have routing, we dont need MIDI effects chains, that is why this feature is a quandry.

  • Thanks for the replies, I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. If the 4-recorder (or sequencer) can receive midi from 1-pads then it should record from 2-AU-MIDI

    But if the order is pads > sequencer > AUmidi > AUinstrument then I see where the problem is. To support my theory if you draw a note in the pattern editor it will play into Rozetta Arpeggio which will arpeggiate the instrument. There should be an option to toggle AUmidi pre sequencer or post sequencer. But of course I am simply talking out of my a$&.

    @5pinlink said:
    It is impossible unfortunately.
    The chain works like this...
    1 MIDI input (hardware or on screen keys or pads)
    2 MIDI effcts (AU MIDI)
    3 Sound source (AUi or Sampler, either of these are needed to make the bank active)
    4 Recorder
    As you can see, the ability to record is AFTER the sound source, so when you record it records audio from the sound source.
    There is no routing of MIDI, until there is routing you wont be able to record, if we have routing, we dont need MIDI effects chains, that is why this feature is a quandry.

  • Even if Au MIDI was pre post sequencer, you still couldnt record it, a bank does not become a recrdable entity until a sound source is on it, be it sampler or au synth, thats why there is currently no midi out to hardware in B3 unless a sampler is loaded.

    The only way tofix it is MIDI routing.

  • Hehe, always a cliffhanger.

  • @5pinlink said:
    Even if Au MIDI was pre post sequencer, you still couldnt record it, a bank does not become a recrdable entity until a sound source is on it, be it sampler or au synth, thats why there is currently no midi out to hardware in B3 unless a sampler is loaded.

    The only way tofix it is MIDI routing.

    Hi,
    the impossibility to record the bank output when it’s driven by a midi fx (Rozeta or StepPolyArp) is something I don’t understand either. I admit that I don’t quite understand the logic behind it, even if I understand what midi routing is. I just don’t understand why you’re saying there’s no midi routing in BM3. The banks and pads have their menu with midi port in/out, but maybe it’s not what you’re talking about.
    In any case, what I can’t understand, not from a technical point of view but about the app development perspective, is that you finally have the update for the AU midi fx compatibility, but now you can’t record anything when using this function ! It’s a nonsense, what’s the point to use a midi fx if you can’t record it ?! ... : In Cubasis, when you load Rozeta or StepPolyArp in a track, the midi routing is automatically set and you can record your pattern...

  • MIDI input/output is just that, routing MIDI is the ability to send it to different locations, B3 used to have that ability (just for MIDI AU)

  • @5pinlink said:
    MIDI input/output is just that, routing MIDI is the ability to send it to different locations, B3 used to have that ability (just for MIDI AU)

    Ok, thank you for the precision, I understand your previous explanation now. I don’t know if you tried but there’s another strange thing with this update, when Rozeta is launched, tapping on the pads does nothing. You have to disable Rozeta (on/off button) to hear the pads when you press them...

  • Yes again this is the nature of the new set up, the pads are in fact sending MIDI, Rozeta has no MIDI pass thru, so the pads can't get past Rozeta as it were.

  • edited November 10

    So pad based Roz is gone? to trigger a Roz sequencer is no longer an option?

  • @mefisme said:
    So pad based Roz is gone? to trigger a Roz sequencer is no longer an option?

    Not at the moment no.

  • edited November 10

    You can overcome the BM3 midi bug using RouteMIDI
    Load RouteMIDI as AU plugin then load your favorite AUmidi plugin on RouteMIDI bank
    Set route to BM3 virtual midi port
    Set the bank’ pad you want record the midi sequence on, to listen to BM3 virtual port.
    It works.
    So it proves that technically BM3 aumidi plgins can’t be record.
    Hope INTUA integrate this behavior so we don’t have to use such a complicated method.
    Hope it helps
    Here is RouteMIDI link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/routemidi/id1347099452?mt=8

  • Oddly enough, Physicle Bouncy works in the normal fx slot ,triggering the sample loaded. I don’t know how exactly the app works or if any possible midi feedback occurs ,but I found that strange ....

Sign In or Register to comment.