Multiple takes recording or "cycle recording" like in Logic Pro X

edited November 2018 in General

One of the few things that I really really miss from Logic Pro X is being able to record multiple takes of audio over a repeating loop, and then very quickly select parts of each take to form the final audio ("quick swipe comping").

Here's a quick video demonstrating what I'm talking about. Recording starts around the 4 minute mark. Cycle selection starts about the 6 minute mark.

Comments

• Hey @blueveek , yes, this would absolute be a good feature to add !

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• That's great to hear. Any way we can help with these feature additions or bug fixes? (fyi some of us are software engineers, and would gladly volunteer our time... :wink:)

Also, I guess I accidentally filed this in "General" instead of "Feature requests".

• edited September 2023

@blueveek said:
    One of the few things that I really really miss from Logic Pro X is being able to record multiple takes of audio over a repeating loop, and then very quickly select parts of each take to form the final audio ("quick swipe comping").

Here's a quick video demonstrating what I'm talking about. Recording starts around the 4 minute mark. Cycle selection starts about the 6 minute mark.

Are there external digital audio workstations, DAWs, or software alternatives to Logic Pro X that offer a similar "quick swipe comping" feature, which enables users to record multiple audio takes over a loop and effortlessly select the best parts from each take for the final audio composition?
    insta pro