Can we get a “hold ERASE Button” then hold pad at point want to erase a note during sequence

@mathieugarcia This is how its done on hardware MPC - no worries if cannot do but would speed up erasing during sequence playback without going into record mode - the current way of engaging record mode pressing erase then holding pad is ok but my suggestion is bit faster in realtime without having to go into record.

Comments

• edited December 2018

@beatmakerstorm said:
    @mathieugarcia This is how its done on hardware MPC - no worries if cannot do but would speed up erasing during sequence playback without going into record mode - the current way of engaging record mode pressing erase then holding pad is ok but my suggestion is bit faster in realtime without having to go into record.

+1
    I would love this. The biggest cumulative time sink for me in BM3 is absolutely wanting to backtrack while recording a pattern so having to press backspace TWO times and then re-arm the transport and re-take.

I used to work a lot with an Alesis SR-16 drum machine and it also behaves the same as /similar to how @beatmakerstorm has requested. It's a very quick and intuitive mechanism to build up patterns and is much more 'improvisatory' and flowing. It'd work perfectly when building patterns in BM3.

• @OscarSouth said:

@beatmakerstorm said:

+1
    I would love this. The biggest cumulative time sink for me in BM3 is absolutely wanting to backtrack while recording a pattern so having to press backspace TWO times and then re-arm the transport and re-take.

I used to work a lot with an Alesis SR-16 drum machine and it also behaves the same as /similar to how @beatmakerstorm has requested. It's a very quick and intuitive mechanism to build up patterns and is much more 'improvisatory' and flowing. It'd work perfectly when building patterns in BM3.

SR16 was my first ever drum machine in 1987 damn showing my age - yes indeed new ERASE function needed for us old dudes who need things to be simple haha :-)