When I leave BeatMaker app open, it drains the battery even when my iPad in sleep mode.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Background audio, even when an iPad sleeps, it is only really turning the screen off.

It's normal ;)

• If you really need to preserve battery, I advise saving your session, waiting a few seconds, then doing a force quit.

I’ve been using the technique without issue since July 2017, but please don’t blame me if you end up with any corrupt sessions/samples

• Why not make a switch for a bg audio, if this is a problem ?

• It isnt a problem, close the app lol
    Kidding aside, cant you turn background audio off in IOS settings ?
    I wouldnt actually suggest that though, each to their own ;)

• I always leave background audio on, and I always force quit B3 when I'm not using it. Otherwise it does drain the battery.

• Got to keep the ship in shape, close all apps while not using them when you are relying on battery power.

• @5pinlink said:
    It isnt a problem, close the app lol
    Kidding aside, cant you turn background audio off in IOS settings ?
    I wouldnt actually suggest that though, each to their own ;)

I don't see such global option in ios settings, only as a specific option under several apps (korg gadget, figure, blocks wave,...)

• Aaah yeah, the option is greyed out for B3, you willhave to close the app then, that is the recommemded way to preserve battery anyway.

• @winconway said:
    Aaah yeah, the option is greyed out for B3, you willhave to close the app then, that is the recommemded way to preserve battery anyway.

Could you please update your feature requests list, I remember this being asked by me and at least one more time than this post and it obviously affects every BM3 user.
    In the age of AUv3 I believe there is less need of background audio running as a default and only option. I believe majority of the users would benefit from not having to stress about turning BM3 off every time they leave their ipad, than having the audio not stopped when they switch apps. This was crucial for IAAs (and still is handy eg for live performance) but now they're past it's quite annoying.

• Background audio is extremely important, and the feature request list was just for forum users, the developers dont read it, so adding tgis thread wont put it on any future features list, only the developers can do that ;)

• This is an option we'll be adding in an upcoming update.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    This is an option we'll be adding in an upcoming update.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

This man is on a mission/

• @mathieugarcia said:
    This is an option we'll be adding in an upcoming update.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

Beautiful. I am missing like button (of heart reaction) in this forum. But don't take it as a feature request, keep focusing on important work! 😄

• @winconway said:
    Background audio is extremely important, and the feature request list was just for forum users, the developers dont read it, so adding tgis thread wont put it on any future features list, only the developers can do that ;)

I see. It may only prevent people from asking it every now and then. I remember going through that list when asking the first time. Nevertheless, it seems to be on the developers list too :wink: