Spring Reverb app or best Reverb App

What do you recommend? :wink:

Comments

  • Adverb2 by AudioDamage is a great option.

    Envelope by DDMF is another option.

  • Mverb by intua
    In fact pretty much any reverb, anybody who fantasizes over reverb quality is either a 'synth odyssey pad washer" or a newb engineer who thinks you need a good reverb for it to sit in the mix, most of the top engineers use whatever is in front of them, unless they are being paid to say something different.

  • @winconway said:
    Mverb by intua
    In fact pretty much any reverb, anybody who fantasizes over reverb quality is either a 'synth odyssey pad washer" or a newb engineer who thinks you need a good reverb for it to sit in the mix, most of the top engineers use whatever is in front of them, unless they are being paid to say something different.

    Most ‘top engineers’ have really good reverbs in front of them. To suggest that all verbs are like for like is ridiculous.

  • I would say that Eos is a great reverb, but a little cpu heavy. Adverb 2 is also good, very effective on drums. At the same time, chorus and delay also produce lots of width. So you could check out Discord, also by Audio Damage. Likewise many of Bram Bos's plugins are top notch. Once you start modulating things...

  • @jackjackdaw said:

    @winconway said:
    Mverb by intua
    In fact pretty much any reverb, anybody who fantasizes over reverb quality is either a 'synth odyssey pad washer" or a newb engineer who thinks you need a good reverb for it to sit in the mix, most of the top engineers use whatever is in front of them, unless they are being paid to say something different.

    Most ‘top engineers’ have really good reverbs in front of them. To suggest that all verbs are like for like is ridiculous.

    I never suggested all reverbs were like for like, I suggested using what you have, but thanks for getting involved in the thread ;)

  • iVCS3 has a decent spring reverb.

    I use Eos2 for verb most of the time.

  • MVerb is pretty good, but I tend to use EOS2 the most (as a send effect)

    I may pick up Kleverb at some point

  • @tk32 said:
    MVerb is pretty good, but I tend to use EOS2 the most (as a send effect)

    I may pick up Kleverb at some point

    Eos 2 is a good price. I'm gonna check it out!!

  • I discovered 4Pockets Shimmer today thanks to the folks in the Discord chat. Audio Damage as great options too.

    I just wish for....ALTIVERB style convolution eventually.

  • edited February 17

    Yeah, Shimmer by 4pockets is awesome.

    We've been singing it's praises over on our Discord chat since it released the other day.

  • Is Shimmer like the Strymon Big Sky or am I dreaming lol?

  • No its software not hardware, it has many differences, so dont buy it if you expect it to look/sound/behave like any hardware.

Sign In or Register to comment.