ChordPolyPad setup problems

Hi, I am totally new to BeatMaker 3 but not new to traditional music production. I have a maybe stupid question regarding chord poly pad. I hope this the right category, if not i ask kindly to move it in the right category. I saw some YouTube videos about chord poly pad but I can’t found any videos about the right setup for BeatMaker 3. I thought I just need to point the midi out in chord poly pad to BeatMaker and in BeatMaker the midi in to ChordPolyPad. But no notes where triggering in BeatMaker. Is this the way it would normally work or do I need audio bus 3 extra for this? It would be really nice if somebody can help with this or can link me to setup tutorial for this. Thank you very much.

Sebastian

Comments

• Hi @basti1984

If it helps - I can make you a quick setup video later this evening?

(Note - you don't need Audiobus 3)

• Hi, this would be really nice! I appreciate it very much! I am not at home this evening, so there is no rush. Thank you very much in advance!

• edited April 2019

@basti1984 said:
    Hi, this would be really nice! I appreciate it very much! I am not at home this evening, so there is no rush. Thank you very much in advance!

No problem - and that was useful because I also had a busy night so didn't get to make the video. I'll try to do it for you tomorrow :)

• edited May 2019

Super quick video showing basic setup (in under 60 seconds)

Summary:
    1. Start beatmaker3 and load a synth or bank preset
    2. Launch chordpolypad, then go into settings and switch MIDI out from internal to BeatMaker3
    3. Pressing pads now triggers the sound in BM3 (see note below) - if you don't hear any sound, make sure the midi settings in BM3 are set to 'Omni mode'
    4. (Optional) switch back to BM3, then put the mini version of chordpolypad in hover mode by dragging up from the app tray

Note - due to a quirk of the screen recording feature on iOS, when I change the MIDI out in ChordPolyPad you don’t hear it playing BM3 (only audio for the active app seems to get recorded) - but it does work!

There are other (more complicated) ways you could set this up, but this is by far the quickest and easiest way, and enables ChordPolyPad to always control whatever is the active bank or pad in BM3.

• Thank you very much, i followed every step that you made, but somehow it still do not work. When I watched your video I thought it was because of my midi mode was not set to omni, but this doesn’t help. Here are some screenshots, it would be really nice if you could have a short look on it and have an idea what caused my problems maybe. Thanks again for your help and your video!

• edited May 2019

No problem @basti1984

You just need to make one small change..

Since ChordPolyPad is sending the MIDI using BeatMaker3’s midi routing system, you need to enable BeatMaker3 input. I know it sounds confusing, but this is how it works :)

See below

• That worked perfectly, thank you very much! (Btw. I feel a little bit stupid now :smiley: )

I wish you a great day!

• @tk32 said:
    so didn't get to make the video. I'll try to do it for you tomorrow :)

Seems to be a running theme of the forum LOL