BeatMaker 3 update

Dear BeatMakers,

Everyone at INTUA would like to thank you for your dedication and support.

We've been working on porting BeatMaker3 to other platforms as we continue to improve its core with your help.

And about the next update, we're planning on releasing it by the end of August.

All the best,
Vincent B.

Tagged:

Comments

• Great. Will we get a beta soon ?

• @hansjbs said:
    Great. Will we get a beta soon ?

Maybe there was one already?

• PS. WHOOOOT! (Wonder whats in it?)

• @Audiogus said:

@hansjbs said:

I didn't get it. Unless the beta team is no more.

• @hansjbs said:

@Audiogus said:

@hansjbs said:

I didn't get it. Unless the beta team is no more.

Maybe there was a new one?

• edited July 2019

Really enjoying the ability to add Emojis to bank and pad names on the new BM3 beta

My bassdrums are now like :D ...and my snares be all like :#

Didn't you get the invitation @hansjbs ??

• ...only joking.

On a serious note - I'm excited to see what's in the next update. Any teasers for us @vincent ??

• @tk32 said:
    Really enjoying the ability to add Emojis to bank and pad names on the new BM3 beta

LMAO!!!

• @tk32 said:

Adorable!

• Hello @vincent
    Great news! 🎹✅🥳🌈👌🏼
    Thank you
    Btw, if there’s beta, could you please send to me an invitation?
    Cheers

• Now, if I wasn’t the shinny, happy, optimist, I am I would say no one is getting any betas and no one is getting a 3.1 release at the end of August. But, hey, that’s not me anymore! ;)

• This. is. good. news.

• I would also like to join beta team.

• Great news indeed!
    Crossing my fingers for stability and midi clock ;) .

• Hi, will this update solve the issue with coop between BM3 and Presonus Atom ?

• It’s August!!!!!!!

• @stormywaterz said:
    It’s August!!!!!!!

Yep, we're all excited.

But a month can be a long time when you're watching the clock :D

• @tk32 said:

Yep, we're all excited.

Indeed and in order to make the time fly I spend time re-discovering older apps, one of them being Nanoloop.
    It's totally awesome for glitchy stuff and and it was a video posted over at Dischord that made me re-install it.

This is the video, pay attention to the feedback on the waveform when adjusting sample-start per step.

To my surprise the app is still maintained (updated about 3 months ago) and now behaves like a good iOS citizen with Files.app support. (I deleted it when iOS dropped 32-bit support and now it's 64-bit).

With Files.app in iOS it's easy to drop in new *.wav's and also pull out the exported *.wav files...

Perfect little tool to create loops for usage with other apps...
    It's also got a simple 2OP FM synth and PWM and pitched noise in addition to 6 second samples.

So while we wait for BM3 to get automation of sample-start & loop this will do it for me :)

• edited August 2019

@samu said:

@tk32 said:

Yep, we're all excited.

Indeed and in order to make the time fly I spend time re-discovering older apps, one of them being Nanoloop.
    It's totally awesome for glitchy stuff and and it was a video posted over at Dischord that made me re-install it.

This is the video, pay attention to the feedback on the waveform when adjusting sample-start per step.

To my surprise the app is still maintained (updated about 3 months ago) and now behaves like a good iOS citizen with Files.app support. (I deleted it when iOS dropped 32-bit support and now it's 64-bit).

With Files.app in iOS it's easy to drop in new *.wav's and also pull out the exported *.wav files...

Perfect little tool to create loops for usage with other apps...
    It's also got a simple 2OP FM synth and PWM and pitched noise in addition to 6 second samples.

So while we wait for BM3 to get automation of sample-start & loop this will do it for me :)

Thanks for the heads up Samu. I have been searching for good quick sample glitchers on iOS and do find the file managment is where most fail for me. Being able to Files in BM3 exports may really make this a contender.

• @Audiogus said:

Thanks for the heads up Samu. I have been searching for good quick sample glitchers on iOS and do find the file managment is where most fail for me. Being able to Files in BM3 exports may really make this a contender.

Just beware its 'old school' file management. Put the files it Nanoloops folder using Files.app or ShareSheet and when you need to access the exported files use the Document Picker to get them. It's fairly simple once you get used to it. For me it's enough if an app exposes its 'Documents' folder to Files.app to 'qualify' for import & export capability :)

Also Nanoloop doesn't support 'sub folders' so a bit of housekeeping might be needed.

The ~6 second limit per sample could also be a gotcha for some but considering the sequencer is 16 steps per pattern it would be a bit crazy to dump in a 4 bar sample (would need 4 of the 8 patterns to play fully) into it as the 'resolution'(for start and loop length) is limited to 127 'steps'. So the 'smallest' segment that can be looped is 1/127 of the 'sample length' and the 'offset' is does in 1/127 of the sample steps. So for example an offset value of 64 is always middle of the sample regardless of how long it is.

It's loads of fun given the time and for 'electronic' zap and noise percussion it's pretty neat too thanks to the 2OP FM synth :)

• Jeopardy Song....

• 808 day would have been EPIC for a Beatmaker 3 update to drop! 😏👊

• @DeanDaughters said:
    808 day would have been EPIC for a Beatmaker 3 update to drop! 😏👊

Maybe they wait for 909 ;)

• Hazaa! That would also be SWEET! 🤤
    (especially if it had midi clock... lol - sorry ;) . )

• Midi clock shmidi hok, EMOJIS!!

• Well....end of August is coming :-) Curious what the new version will bring to the table.

• Halfway there!!!

• Only INTUA knows... ? 🤷

• Its a pulse.

• Roughly two weeks to go...
    Considering even updates take some time in review things should be somewhat on the finishing line by now...