I thought BM3 auto-saved

I was working on a beat. I got so wrapped up that I didn’t save as and give it name. I usually do that first thing. Anyways, I went to add an audio unit to a track, and as soon as I hit the button for audio units, it crashed. I didn’t even select an audio unit. I just hit the button with inside beat maker three. So after he crashed, I looked in the unsaved sessions folder and there was nothing there for that file. Any ideas? This is the second time this is happened to me.

Comments

• It does not auto save unless you lock your ipad, go to the homescreen, bring up the app switcher/control center, bring down the notification center, or otherwise send BM3 to the background. There are topics about this on the forum, if you wanna read more about it. You'd be better off tapping the save button the moment after you feel like anything you've done is worth keeping, each time. Maybe a real autosave will come in future updates.

• Thanks! I guess I had the wrong idea on how it works. I have about 7 unsaved session folders and I have no idea how they got there. lol

• edited August 2019

NS2 & Gadget handle auto saves perfectly so they might serve as examples on ‘how to do it’.

• edited August 2019

Here's another good reason to save when you first start a new project @BradRich ...

If you save off the bat, any samples you edit, or recordings you make, automatically go into the project folder (instead of unsaved sessions).
    This will help make housekeeping and file management so much easier.

..a quick note on the crash itself. I have found that one of the most common AUv3 crashes in bm3 is when you add a plugin while the track is playing. I've discovered that once I trained myself to instinctively stop the track, press save, then load the new plugin I became pretty much 100% safe from this particular type of crash.

Hope this helps.

• @tk32 said:
    Here's another good reason to save when you first start a new project @BradRich ...

If you save off the bat, any samples you edit, or recordings you make, automatically go into the project folder (instead of unsaved sessions).
    This will help make housekeeping and file management so much easier.

..a quick note in the crash itself. I have found that one of the most common AUv3 crashes in bm3 is when you add a plugin while the track is playing. I've discovered that once I trained myself to instinctively stop the track, press save, then load the new plugin I became pretty much 100% safe from this particular type of crash.

Hope this helps.

The track was playing while I was trying so I guess that’s what did it.

Thanks!