Bm3 changing order of banks

Hi,
Just a question to see if this is normal behaviour.
I have a saved session with 6 banks. I then create a sixth bank....bank F. I save the session with option copy banks to session folder.
I clear ram and shut down.
Next day I load the session and bank F is now bank D.
Is this normal?
IPad air 1 and latest bm3.
Thanks

Comments

• edited August 28

Interesting.

Personally I would not recommend saving banks with projects. It doesn't provide you with any additional protection, and just creates a sh**load of duplicate samples in your bm3 filing system.

The bug you discovered seems to suggest bm3 is doing some internal reordering of banks as a result of the bank export routine. My guess is that 2 of your banks between A-E were different to the others (perhaps bm3 exports all the banks with samples first, then all the ones with only plugins second?)

Just a guess.

• Hi,
    Thx for the reply tk.
    Will consider the tip about saving.
    I meant to say in op that the session started with 5 banks. Then I add a sixth.
    The session is all samples...I do have turnado bypassed on main out, And 2 aux with audio damage reverb. Its about 10 meg and uses 15-20% CPU.
    Oh yeah, I'm running 12.3.1.
    I say all this in case it may trigger a thought:-)
    All in all, is this a possible train wreck coming? Its my live bank..I'm a drummer. I have the iPad/bm3 going thru a I connectivity audio4 + with a Yamaha multi pad. Mostly loops ..and one bank of one shots.
    I trigger the loop banks with the focus actions on CH 16. And the one shots directly with ch15.
    Sorry for the long reply...just throwing it all out there:-) oh ....256 buffer.
    Thanks
    Flow

• You should be fine.

I’ve not encountered this bug, but then again I never save copies of banks when I save my projects.

The only time I export a bank is if I’ve spent ages setting up velocity layers and effect/macro chains, and want the bank to be available in other projects.

• This happened a few times on my 1gb Mini 2. Possibly something to do with limited memory, and/or the way iOS handles virtual pointers to files.

I think the problem is:
    If you saved the first session at any time in the past w/o saving ALL, then later added the 6th bank and saved ALL, and the 6th bank contained samples from the 4th bank at any time in the past, then this may happen. At least that's my experience.

• Hi,
    Interesting. Thanks StudioEs