BM3 AuV3 plug-in

I would like for BM3 to be an AuV3 plug-in like BeatHawk is so I can use it directly inside of Cubasis or Auria Pro. It would save time and a lot of steps. Please consider making this happen.

Comments

• edited September 2019

Out of interest, what would this enable you to do (in Cubasis or Auria Pro) that you can't already do from within BM3?

Genuine question.

• @tk32 said:
    Out of interest, what would this enable you to do (in Cubasis or Auria Pro) that you can't already do from within BM3?

Genuine question.

In Cubasis, for me, it would allow native use of the spinfx plugin which is pure awesomeness. Also quick freezing of tracks (unless bm3 has this and I’m unaware)

I’d like to use this in NS2 personally. It would allow all my great bm3 drum libraries to easily be merged with my great obsidian libraries. Also, the gorgeous left hand controls of the drum pads and chromatic-ability of each pad is lustworthy. Just my .02

• With BM3 as an AUv3 we would loose the possibility to use AUv3’s in BM3.

If NS2 is the target it might be better to export the samples to NS2 and re-create the kits as Slate Presets?

Or maybe try convincing the NS2 dev to make Obsidian an AUv3 or something...

• edited September 2019

@samu said:
    With BM3 as an AUv3 we would loose the possibility to use AUv3’s in BM3.

If NS2 is the target it might be better to export the samples to NS2 and re-create the kits as Slate Presets?

^ this!

I find it astonishing that there have been so many users who think it would be easier to extract BM3's beautifully complex and layered sampler and load it in a different host VS making Obsidian AUv3.

However, in truth, both features (the BM3 sampler, and NS2's Obidian) benefit GREATLY from being native to their respective hosts. These benefits include massive performance boosts, greater stability, tighter integration with the host and project files, flexible routing of audio and effects, easy file access, etc (the list goes on)

• @samu said:
    With BM3 as an AUv3 we would loose the possibility to use AUv3’s in BM3.

I personally don’t want BM3 to change in that way. A seperate AUv3 app specifically would do.

I’ve done all that. It isn’t just the samples. The left hand action just isn’t there with slate (note repeat, etc) Hopefully future updates will fix that. Also the chromatic playability of each pad/sound (which will never see NS2) A beatmaker 3 kit to slate kit exporter/converter would be cool if a 3rd party dev found the time.

That would be nice. I’m heavily invested timewise building patches for obsidian and slate so that would benefit me greatly, personally. But I don’t know if obsidians efficiency (100+ instances running) could ever be nearly duplicated as an AUv3...but Itd be a compromise I’d be willing to make when times call for it.

Overall I’m sure this is all a dream that will stay a dream but it’s nice to dream sometimes 😂

• @tk32 Honestly, I like to work work within one window. I don’t want to leave the BM3 platform. In order to do so plus for laying down vocals it’s better for me. Also the daw style editing is a plus. And, last but not least the midi editor and overall daw like editing is better for me. In Cubasis or Auria Pro so I agree with @iPadBeatMaking maybe a separate Auv3 plugin would do.