Key change

I am having this issue where my plugins aren’t playing in the right key. When I load a new plugin it will be pitched down a semitone... it is extremely frustrating. Also I just made made a beat and after closing it and reopening it the plugins were out of tune, pitched down a semitone. What is the deal with this?!?!

Comments

• I’m using an iPad Pro. I just bought it brand new. I’m using Synthmaster, cyclop, and synth One.

• edited October 2019

@rockymorton28

It sounds like your project includes both AUv3 and IAA plugins, and something is causing your iPad's output to switch between 44.1k and 48k (probably some kind of external headset/device) which is causing tuning issues between the plugins that are able to switch on the fly according to the host (ie AUv3) vs those that aren't (ie IAA).

I know that Synthmaster and Cyclop are capable of running as AUv3, but Synth One is currently IAA only.

If you give a little more info about what external devices you are using (eg audio interface, headset, bluetooth) then it will be easier to help diagnose the problem. Also - does your headset have a mic? That might be a factor.

• Maybe it is my headset. I’ve been using a Bluetooth headset and it does have a mic...

• edited October 2019

@rockymorton28 said:
    Maybe it is my headset. I’ve been using a Bluetooth headset and it does have a mic...

Could you try using a wired headset and see if the problem goes away.

I strongly advise against using Bluetooth when making music for many reasons.. though I do realise it has become a very popular and convenient technology in recent years.

• @tk32 said:

@rockymorton28 said:
    Maybe it is my headset. I’ve been using a Bluetooth headset and it does have a mic...

Could you try using a wired headset and see if the problem goes away.

I strongly advise against using Bluetooth when making music for many reasons.. though I do realise it has become a very popular and convenient technology in recent years

I usually don’t. It was out of necessity.

Anyways, thank you all for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I hooked up my AudioBox once I got the cord that I needed and it seems like the problem is fixed.

I usually use a MacBook with Logic ProX, but I dropped the damn thing and it broke the screen. :/

In the meantime I decided to try Beatmaker 3. I really like it for the most part.
    But...

Quick question about IAA.. are you limited to only having one track at a time?

• edited October 2019

@rockymorton28

Yes - that's one of my (many) gripes with IAA... you can't use more than one instance of an IAA plugin per project.

This is one of the many reasons I decided to switch to 100% AUv3 workflow for the last 18+ months. The good news is there is no shortage of decent AUv3s now, so my advice is to ditch the IAAs entirely, they are just too problematic (unless you regularly bounce their output to an audio track each time)

Glad to help :)