Update News (?)

edited October 2019 in General

Is it really the case that beta testers can't talk about what's going on within the testing and trouble shooting? That's what was said at some point. I think it's important to keep the discussion open and things flowing as this IS a Forum. Sorta feels like the forum got walled off once beta testing had begun.
A little bit of transparency would go a long way in keeping users coming back and maintaining interest in the app overall.
Or perhaps a word on holding off on iOS 13 or iPad OS until the update is released?

Comments

• edited October 2019

It's generally the case that beta testers agree (before being accepted) not to share information about features they are testing in the beta version.

One of the main reasons for this is in case some of these features get removed from the final release, or have to be held back for a future update due to bugs. Some developers even go as far as getting the beta team to sign NDAs - but this is usually only if they are trying to hide certain innovations from competitors. Note - the current BM3 beta team (about 30 users) are all working on a trust basis — no NDA

That said, I am happy to report we have had a very successful beta process, and I expect Intua are right on the cusp of releasing this new version publicly.

Thanks for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the improvements and features this new update brings.

• Ps. I'm expecting traffic to this forum to increase fairly significantly after the update, so activity should pick up again :+1:

• @tk32 said:
    Ps. I'm expecting traffic to this forum to increase fairly significantly after the update, so activity should pick up again :+1:

You speak as though the update is hours away.. I hope so..😁

• @RajahP said:

@tk32 said:
    Ps. I'm expecting traffic to this forum to increase fairly significantly after the update, so activity should pick up again :+1:

Not hours away. But soon.

• @RajahP said:

@tk32 said:

Nothing about anything he said implies it is "hours away".... :| What?

• Thanks Tom ... great news . and I appreciate the response as it was juuuuust getting to the point where checking back now and again was beginning to seem futile ; ) but i knew better than to doubt things.
    I have nothing but faith in the beta team to get things done and Vincent to work hard on the release. It's a great group of people all around.
    And yeah I'm sure we'll see a bit more than normal the amount of traffic after the update. I look forward to a lively and engaging forum . . the wealth of knowledge here is amazing and when put to use it always provides for a creative and enlightening music making environment.

soonsoon soon soon