BM3 - BPM - BUG

Hi @vincent,

Good to see BM3 is moving forward!

———-

Ableton Link resets Bpm(s) to 120 when loading apps such as LumBeats apps.


.


.


.

Lumbeats standalone ‘defaults’ = 101bpm for Funk Drummer, and 85bpm for Reggae Drummer.

———-

(Issuse happens regardless if using Abletons ‘Start/Stop’ or not)
(Plus no other apps open to trigger this)

(Just tried it with AUM = same thing) (although AUM’s default is 120)

———-

Mini2 - 12.1.4.

..
King

Comments

  • @KING It's not possible that AUM was still still open in the background? Or a ghost session that did not shut down properly? Can you reproduce after a full restart and only open BM3 then Lumbeat app?

  • @GusGranite said:
    @KING It's not possible that AUM was still still open in the background? Or a ghost session that did not shut down properly? Can you reproduce after a full restart and only open BM3 then Lumbeat app?

    Not possible! AUM was just a bonus test I did whilst composing this thread. And I’ve been testing since yesterday.

    Believe me, I know most ‘many’ of the iOS tricks n workarounds n starting points. I always test from a clean set up (reboot) - which is why I also tested with (but not only) a new session.

    “Plus no other apps open to trigger this” (alive or ghost)

    Cheers for the inquiry though.

    ..
    King

    ———-

    PS. This can be reproduced ‘by me’ 100 times out of 100.

  • OK - I have tested this more and here is what I am finding:

    BM3: Set BPM > Open Rock DM as IAA in BM3 and tempo resets to 120 (Rock DM's tempo) > change BM3 tempo and Rock DM tempo changes also > change Rock DM tempo and BM3 tempo changes also.

    AUM and ApeMatrix: Set BPM > Open Rock DM as IAA in BM3 and tempo DOES NOT reset to 120 (Rock DM's tempo) > change BM3 tempo and Rock DM tempo changes also > change Rock DM tempo and BM3 tempo changes also.

    So the difference in behaviour with BM3 is that is that it is allowing an IAA to set the starting tempo where other hosts do not, by the looks of it.

  • Cheers!

    “Lumbeats standalone ‘defaults’ = 101bpm for Funk Drummer, and 85bpm for Reggae Drummer.”

    So BM3’s tempo would change to either of the above.. but it does not..

    It’s a bug!

    ..
    King

  • All my Lumbeat apps default to 120 so maybe there's some cache memory there or something?
    Agreed it is a bug and have added it to the beta bug tracker. Thx

  • “All my Lumbeat apps default to 120”

    Really?

    In standalone?

    ———-

    ..
    King

  • edited October 27

    Hang on a sec, I’m checking/testing something..

    Edit: ... see my next post below..

    .

  • In standalone they seem to just keep whatever the last tempo they were set to.

  • edited October 27

    Strange/interesting!

    They always revert back to their defaults for me, (puchacsed them both on release day(s).

    ———-

    Just did another test (using AUM as host) the first time I loaded FD it changed AUM’s tempo to 120 (although I had changed AUM prior, to 70 something bpm).
    Did the iOS memory clear thing - tried again, and it worked as it should (it did not change AUM’s Bpm).
    Tried many more times, (also with Reggae Drummer) - all is well.

    I did these extra tests in case something crept into the latest Lumbeat updates.

    (Still happens in BM though)

    ..
    King

  • “added it to the beta bug tracker. Thx”

    Cool.

    ..
    King

Sign In or Register to comment.