Akai MPC One vs Beatmaker 3??? :o

Looks pretty sick!!!

Shame it doesn't have a built in Lithium Battery though. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Not for me.

I would take my iPad, BM3, my plugin collection, and a decent midi controller any day of the week over this.

• Yes I am super excited for the new mpc and will definetly get it!

• They got a lot of things right on this one...including the price. But lack of battery ....means +1 for iPad and as TK said I'd really miss the iOS plug-ins. Also, isn't it limited to 8 stereo tracks?

• @BitterGums said:
    They got a lot of things right on this one...including the price. But lack of battery ....means +1 for iPad and as TK said I'd really miss the iOS plug-ins. Also, isn't it limited to 8 stereo tracks?

Not sure I hope you can do multiple tracks. I think lack of a lithium battery is bizarre.

• It looks like a baby Live to me, which doesn’t make much sense.
    CV/gate is a great addition, though.
    Not sure about the pads sensitivity either.
    All the post 4000 MPs seem to lack in sonic character so BM3+a solid controller+audio interface combo may still be more interesting.

• Awesome ! I have the mpc live and that is the best electronic device ever made

• @tk32 said:
    Not for me.

I would take my iPad, BM3, my plugin collection, and a decent midi controller any day of the week over this.

You can not compare... bm3 is great to compose but you will never play on stage with it... no external midi clock running seriously, stability etc...

• I’ll be checking it out once it hits the stores here...
    What’s the current state of BM3? Any feature updates in the pipeline for 2020?
    (My patience is running out with the somewhat random ‘missing samples’ which recover after hard rebooting the device. I’m about to give up on BM3 and move on...).

• I do exactly the same for the same reasons.

@samu said:
    I’ll be checking it out once it hits the stores here...
    (My patience is running out with the somewhat random ‘missing samples’ which recover after hard rebooting the device. I’m about to give up on BM3 and move on...).

• @samu said:
    I’ll be checking it out once it hits the stores here...

Same here

• You guys are all welcome to pick up and/or drop BM3 from your workflows as you see fit.

But I don't quite understand the point of signposting it publicly on the forum.

Does BM3 still have a few frustrations?... Yes.

Is there a clearly better DAW, sampler and midi sequencer in all of iOS?... No way.

• edited January 2020

Whatever it is that I'm doing without loosing any of my samples from BM3 i will continue to do.

• edited January 2020

@tk32 said:
    You guys are all welcome to pick up and/or drop BM3 from your workflows as you see fit.

But I don't quite understand the point of signposting it publicly on the forum.

And I don’t quite understand the compulsion to suppress such comments. What is this, the “My Little Pony” forum?

If the developer is even a little bit interested in feeling the pulse of the market, this is valuable feedback. I’d want to know if it were my app. If I couldn’t handle it, then I wouldn’t run a public forum in the first place.

(BTW, I like BM3 and am not about to abandon it.)

• edited January 2020

This post is about BM3 vs the MPC one. Can we Keep it on topic? I think that and the fact that every BM3 post here and other forums turns into a BM3 bashing which in my opinion I agree with TK. If you're havung issues with an app why bash it continuously in almost every post? Move on, some have and are Happy about it. Use the tools that works for you instead of complaining. I think that's what caused TK's reaction.

In my opinion and as an MPC X owner I think different tools allows different workflows. While I love BM3, I'm not ready to give up on the MPC yet. I think the MPC one is a great entry level standalone box with the ability to be used as a controller with software for $699. That's crazy!!!!!

• @number37 said:
    If the developer is even a little bit interested in feeling the pulse of the market, this is valuable feedback. I’d want to know if it were my app. If I couldn’t handle it, then I wouldn’t run a public forum in the first place.

Surely mods are allowed to have bad days too (and the occasional cranky, defensive reply) :joy:

• @tk32 said:

@number37 said:

Surely mods are allowed to have bad days too (and the occasional cranky, defensive reply) :joy:

No. You're not allowed

• I won't get an MPC One for two reasons:

1. I don't have the money lol
    2. No lithium battery
  • edited January 2020

@StudioES said:
    How long do you think the MPC One's extra buttons will last? The small buttons on the older S-series/MPC lasted ~1 year for me - usually either the little nub inside broke off or the capacitive sensor stopped working. Are these latest boxes (Live/X/Force/One) built better?

And BM3’s buttons still look as new and work as well as the day they were made.

• @tk32 said:

Sorry ... didn’t mean to make you feel bad. ;)

• MPC One and BM3 is an awesome combo. I just got MPC One, I really like it and having the pre mapped taktile control is nice but not better than BM3 ! Nope I think of the MPC One as just a really heavy extension for BM3 👻

Im getting a battery eventually. Im curious what you all would use between bm3 and a hardware sampler such as MPC? I have an iconnectivity audio4+ but wonder if its not overkill. Been thinking about selling both the iconnectivity audio4+ and a midi2+. What do you all think? Is there a better alternative? Ive also thought of buying a 8 to 12 ch mixer of some sort if it would work as an interface for ios. What do you all recommend as the perfect setup with BM3 and MPC??????

• No competition, iPad mini with beatmaker 3 smokes the mpc x. The fact I can stream samples from disk makes it no brainer for live performance. I’m talking hours no days worth of playback before hitting stop and loading another set.

• @cyp3 said:
    Im curious what you all would use between bm3 and a hardware sampler such as MPC? I have an iconnectivity audio4+ but wonder if its not overkill. Been thinking about selling both the iconnectivity audio4+ and a midi2+. What do you all think? Is there a better alternative? Ive also thought of buying a 8 to 12 ch mixer of some sort if it would work as an interface for ios. What do you all recommend as the perfect setup with BM3 and MPC??????

iConnectAudio4+: I'd keep it since it's the only interface that can be used by an iPad and PC/Mac at the same time. Nothing else like it. Plus it's been discontinued due to parts shortage.

The only mixer with multi-track recording and MIDI I/O is the Tascam Model 12, afaik. The Zoom LiveTrak L-8 is battery-powered but no MIDI I/O. Presonus StudioLive AR8 and Allen & Heath ZEDi10 are inexpensive but don't have MIDI I/O.

Zoom U-44 can be battery-powered. 4x4 I/O + MIDI I/O. It can take 1 Zoom cpasule - the XYH-5 has a stereo mic, but also has a 3.5mm TRS stereo input on the side. The EXH-6 has 2 XLR Combo inputs.

• bm3 is superior to the whole mpc line.