Searchable Sample Imports?

I’m a newbie to both BM3 and the forums, so please forgive me if this has been asked before.

Importing files sends them all to the imports folder, but they don’t show up when searching the samples library. Is there a way to import files so they appear in the samples directory (next to banks) rather than going into the imports folder and manually going through those samples to find a kick, for example?

Comments

• Welcome to the forum!

After importing samples they will appear in your library only after the next time BM3 does a library update (database scan).

Usually this happens on launch, but you can also trigger an update manually via the settings screen.

Be warned that large imports will take longer than usual to scan.

Personally, I prefer to stick to folder browsing, and I organise my samples to suit this method.

• edited March 2020

@tk32 said:
    Welcome to the forum!

After importing samples they will appear in your library only after the next time BM3 does a library update (database scan).

Usually this happens on launch, but you can also trigger an update manually via the settings screen.

Be warned that large imports will take longer than usual to scan.

Personally, I prefer to stick to folder browsing, and I organise my samples to suit this method.

Thanks so much, that worked!