GarageBand for iOS and iPadOS - Getting rid of dead air at beginning and end of a recording

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been trying to learn how to use GarageBand on my iPhone and iPad using VoiceOver. Yesterday I did a test recording from BackPack Studio into GarageBand via GarageBand's InterApp Audio feature. I had to press Record in GarageBand by double-tapping on the screen, then switch over to BackPack Studio via the app switcher, and then start playing the track I wanted to record. Then once the track was done, I had to go back into GarageBand using the app switcher and double-tap to stop the recording. Naturally, there's a lot of dead air at the beginning and the end of the recording, which I want to get rid of. How do I go about trimming off the dead air at the beginning and the end of the recording using VoiceOver? If one of you could please provide a detailed audio tutorial or step-by-step written tutorial on how to do this, I would be most grateful. I want to be able to export the track to a ringtone, and it won't let me do so by importing the audio file as I used to be able to do, so my only other option is re-recording it from a third-party interop Audio app. Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac anymore, so I'm having to work with what I have, i.e. the iPhone and the iPad. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance to anyone who could shed some light.

Comments

• Hi @leeSophia

This forum is all about BeatMaker3 for iOS, not Garageband.

I would suggest you will get a better response in in a dedicated Garageband forum, or perhaps a more general iOS music one (like the Audiobus forum).

• There is no trim in GarageBand but you can adjust the region start & end.

• If you don't already have AudioShare, you really should get it. It will allow you to easily trim samples, as well as to convert them to various formats. AudioShare is one of those essential apps for anyone making music on iOS.

This can be done using the audio editor in BM3 as well. Since you've asked on the BM3 forum ... do you own BM3? If you do and would like some help with how to edit files in it, I'm sure you can get that help here if you've tried the manual and still have questions about how to do it.

As @tk32 has suggested, the AudioBus forum is an excellent place to ask general questions such as this. You'll probably get way more advice than you need.

• GarageBand for Windows comes with a fully functional and complete sound library that includes voice, presets, and instruments. It’s an absolute asset for professionals because of its vast selection of session instruments. For example, They have 5 drummer audition to fit everyone’s distinct style. https://garagebandforpc.co/

It comes equipped with 100s of Hip Hop, EDM and Jazz synth sounds, with built-in-lessons for piano and guitar. The insanely huge sound library on each instruments can create a huge number of permutation and combination for you to choose from.

You are quipped with the ability to fix rhythm issue or autotune, track and mix your track with instruments, put effects like compression and visual EQ with a click.

Garageband is not officially available for windows and garageband is macOs application. But there are some windows pc emulators by which you can run garageband app without any problem. Here is the guide on that.

• I'm going to close this thread now, because (as mentioned above back in March) this forum is intended for discussion about BM3

This discussion has been closed.