Problems with Channel After Touch in Synthmaster One

edited May 7 in General

When I load older sessions that use Synthmaster One many of them now sound messed up.

When I checked the pattern midi a lot of them have Channel After Touch recorded on them (although not all). This is what messes up the sound. So now I am loading up all my old sessions and deleting the Channel After Touch on every Synthmaster One pattern BEFORE hitting play and then resaving my sessions. This needs to be done BEFORE hitting play or the patch gets saved in the messed up state. Joy, only about eighty or so to go.

(No idea how they even got Channel After Touch on them as I just use the BM3 Keyboard and it doesnt seem to even record Channel After Touch now, very odd. )

Comments

  • Not good :(

    It sounds like one of the recent updates to SM One has inadvertently broken backwards compatibility. I wonder if its the same in other hosts?

    My memory is hazy, but I think I recall a discussion happening during the SM One beta were we advised Bulent against a particular change that would break things in BM3. Though if memory serves, I think that one was to do with how parameters are referenced when recording automation.

  • edited May 4

    @tk32 said:
    Not good :(

    not!

    It sounds like one of the recent updates to SM One has inadvertently broken backwards compatibility. I wonder if its the same in other hosts?

    NS2 is fine.

    Looking at it closer I actually think the fault was in an older version of BM3 recording Channel AfterTouch all over the place when it should not have. In old sessions I have it recorded on my Zeeon, Model D and Synthmaster One patterns, (and these were recorded using the internal BM3 keyboard). On new sessions when i record using the BM3 internal keyboard it is not present at all and things are squeaky clean, so I think the BM3 issue was fixed but the damage simply lay dormant until now.

    So what I imagine happened is Synthmaster One added Channel After Touch (maybe MPE?) support. It is not it’s fault that BM3 was recording it before all over the place when it probably shouldn’t have.

    My memory is hazy, but I think I recall a discussion happening during the SM One beta were we advised Bulent against a particular change that would break things in BM3. Though if memory serves, I think that one was to do with how parameters are referenced when recording automation.

    Yah there was a different issue before where Synthmaster One’s AU automation became broken in BM3 (apparently due to poor AU parameter spec compliance on the part of BM3) but that was resolved with a Synthmaster One update (despite it apparently not being it’s fault).

  • Hmmm, well I found some new sessions that seem to have the Channel After Touch on them too so not sure about my above theory. Weird thing is, sometimes BM3 records it and other times it does not. Sometimes it looks like it has not recorded any, everything sounds ok but then when I restart BM3 and load the session, it now has Channel After Touch and sounds messed up. I give up!

Sign In or Register to comment.