How to: MIDI routing to record internal AU MIDI plugins / AU MIDI FX?

Hi all,
I've tried to find the answers but I think I'm getting a bit stuck.

I'd like to record MIDI data from internal AU Plugins / MIDI FX. I'm getting a bit confused about how to route this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

For example:
Trk1 - Drambo drum machine 4 bar loop pattern playing in Drambo.
OR
Trk2 - Riffer powering a 4 bar Zeeon bass loop
OR EVEN
Try 3 - rozetta rhythm triggering a sample in Beatmaker

My goal is to have MIDI data from the plugins, as if I'd recorded it manually. And then I can copy/paste, and structure the song as I like, without being confined to just one loop of the riff. (if that makes sense!)

I appreciate some apps might not be able to do this, apps behave differently, etc. The workflow I'm interested in is setting a loop in Beatmaker, sketching out the bar with different plugins, building it up. And then 'playing' them into Beatmaker 3 for song structuring.

I know how to commit MIDI tracks to audio, and I could do this with Audio segments, but I like the idea of using MIDI for flexibility and programming before committing to Audio.

EDIT - I just tried doing this in Cubasis 2 and it all worked incredibly well. I recorded all MIDI plugins as MIDI without any problems, both from the main plug in itself (e.g. Drambo loop) and the MIDI FX plugin (riffer, rozetta).

My projects are going to be very percussion/loop based so I love the idea of Beatmaker 3 offering a fully featured drum machine alongside all the other DAW functions. But some of these apps (drambo, riffer, rozetta) have such brilliant randomising, humanising, looping tools, I want to incorporated them.

EDIT 2 - I'm trying to work this out! Is this a case of getting the MIDI TOOLS app to solve all my woes? I think so!!

Hope that's all clear,
Thanks!

Comments

• edited May 2020

Hi.

Currently, the only way to capture the midi notes generated by MIDI plugins in BM3 is by using Audioveek's MIDI ROUTE plugin (available as part of his MIDI TOOLS plugin collection on the app store).

Here is a short video showing you how to set things up so you can record the midi into patterns like you requested above (jump to 1:43 in the video):

https://audioveek.com/route/

• Another way is to host the MIDI AU's in another app such as Audiobus, and send the midi to BM3. I prefer the MIDI Route route (ha ha) though.