Beatmaker 3/Dropbox issue

Hello community.
I went to update my dropbox within the Beatmaker app. None of my files show up. I am able to transfer from Beatmaker to my dropbox, but nothing shows up, just a blank space. My dropbox name is at the top and the amount of files, but nothing is there. I tried to re-install the dropbox app. I re-started my ipad multiple times. It will just read "error" or after it will say "too many tries", but I haven't done anything.

I do not want to delete BM3 as I have all sorts of projects and samples saved that I dont want to lose.

Any thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• I think it has not been working for a while now. Seems like ever since Dropbox did the big ‘limited number of devices’ update that they really overhauled their SDK and blah blah blah no more Dropbox in BM3.

• @Audiogus said:
    I think it has not been working for a while now. Seems like ever since Dropbox did the big ‘limited number of devices’ update that they really overhauled their SDK and blah blah blah no more Dropbox in BM3.

So should I log out of my dropbox account then on other devices?

• Perhaps I can be more descriptive. I click refresh, and the white box animation just keeps happening in the corner. It shouldn't take so long to load. My other option is to perhaps move everything out of drop box and reload

• hmmm. I haven't tried importing/exprting to dropbox for several months.

Let me try again tonight and report back my findings.

Welcome to the forum by the way @mattyiceyo

• edited August 2020

Yah I think it is just broken because Intua needs to update to the latest Dropbox SDK, but maybe there is a trick that an end user could pull but I doubt it.

• My dropbox works without issues

• edited August 2020

@hansjbs said:
    My dropbox works without issues

Huh. So dropbox in BM3 right? Well that is good, weird to know. Maybe a total reinstall of both would fix it for me.

• sometimes Dropbox updates require you to run the app in standalone mode so that it can do some kind of 'housekeeping'

If all else fails, I suggest (a) checking for update to the dropbox app, (2) rebooting your iPad, (3) running dropbox once in standalone, and then (4) loading BM3 and trying to access Dropbox again.

• edited August 2020

I have tried this and all that would remain for me now is to wipe BM3 and dropbox and reinstall.

It does run fine in the native app and on my desktop.

Not a big deal for me now as I rarely use it though because I can access my windows PC drives directly via Files App which is hellah sweeter.

• BM3 with built-in SMB Server & Client would be pretty neat. That way one could skip the round-trip to Files.app and all externally mounted shares would just be like regular folders in the BM3 file-browser :)

• @Audiogus said:

@hansjbs said:

Huh. So dropbox in BM3 right? Well that is good, weird to know. Maybe a total reinstall of both would fix it for me.

Great!!! Thanks @Audiogus now you broke my BM3 Dropbox 😂😂😂😂. I guess updating Dropbox was not a good idea

• I see Dropbox now gives a set of max devices you can link. Could be what the issue is

• @samu said:
    BM3 with built-in SMB Server & Client would be pretty neat. That way one could skip the round-trip to Files.app and all externally mounted shares would just be like regular folders in the BM3 file-browser :)

Wow, think Apple allows it? That would be amazing!

• @hansjbs said:

@Audiogus said:

@hansjbs said:

Great!!! Thanks @Audiogus now you broke my BM3 Dropbox 😂😂😂😂. I guess updating Dropbox was not a good idea

Mooohoohahaaw!

• @Audiogus said:

@samu said:
    BM3 with built-in SMB Server & Client would be pretty neat. That way one could skip the round-trip to Files.app and all externally mounted shares would just be like regular folders in the BM3 file-browser :)

Wow, think Apple allows it? That would be amazing!

Sure, there's already quite a few file-managers with built-in SMB Clients and some also create SMB Shares making file-transfers a breeze. Others use Wifi-Drive(AudioShare, Cubasis etc.) or WebDAW (Drambo as an example) which makes it easy to mange files using for example Documents by Readle (just enable WebDAW and use Documents to connect to localhost:8080). For example BM3 could keep the WebDAW or SMB services running as long as it's running and with background audio enabled it would be running even when not in front.

An interface similar to Files.app can be 'baked in' as a panel into any app...
    ...so sure 'in-line' access to files is already possible but we'll see how long it takes for our beloved apps to get those features. This is part of the improvements in iPadOS14 but since many are hesitant to update their devices we can not expect to see in the near future...

Anyways, time will tell where things go :)

• @Audiogus bm3 & dropbox is working fine

• edited December 2020

So even after wiping the iPad and on the latest OS / BM3 and dropbox I still get this...

Maybe there is something on the account/dropbox side that is wonky.

...and yes I only have two devices used on Dropbox.

When I try to make a folder...

• Duh, well that was an easy fix. Just had to make a new dropbox account...

• thanks for this Audiogus.

I wonder why this happened to you. Could be a dropbox/API issue, I guess?

• It’s the Dropbox API. It depends on how many Dropbox login you have in other devices. I still have this issue and decided to stop using Dropbox with BM3 and use files app.

• @hansjbs said:
    It’s the Dropbox API. It depends on how many Dropbox login you have in other devices. I still have this issue and decided to stop using Dropbox with BM3 and use files app.

I would if Files app weren't so flakey for me still. :(

• @Audiogus said:

@hansjbs said:
    It’s the Dropbox API. It depends on how many Dropbox login you have in other devices. I still have this issue and decided to stop using Dropbox with BM3 and use files app.

Really? What kind of issues do you have with it?

• @hansjbs said:

@Audiogus said:

@hansjbs said:

Really? What kind of issues do you have with it?

Pasting folders with multiple files can freeze up Files or just not complete. Really progress indicators and the ability to minimize the app would be great. Dropbox is working fine now that I have the new account and only ever logged into two devices (the max for free I think).

• edited January 2021