How do you add midi to a track

I’m talking like pre-made downloaded midi...idk where to drag the file

Comments

• edited September 2020

@byPolar said:
    I’m talking like pre-made downloaded midi...idk where to drag the file

Create an empty pattern then drag and drop in pattern ( song/pattern view) or you can do the same in the timeline in keys mode.

• As Hans said, switch to Song view, open the file browser, find your midi file, and then drag it onto the timeline.

Just be aware that most of the time you will need to move some of the midi notes around after import so that they trigger the pads that have samples or plugins loaded.

• Thank you!

• I find that if I take a midi from FL Studio Mobile, it loads... but is empty. I guess that means the midi notes are there, but off the scale. Is this right?

• @billbennettnz said:
    I find that if I take a midi from FL Studio Mobile, it loads... but is empty. I guess that means the midi notes are there, but off the scale. Is this right?

yes. or else they have been assigned to a different pad.

If you attach the midi file here I will record a video showing you how to re-assign it with a few taps inside BM3

• Thanks,

This is an extremely simple example. I have many more ;)

• Here’s a quick video @billbennettnz

In the first example (Bank A) I already have a plugin loaded when I import the midi, so the data correctly maps to Pad 1. In the second example, Bank B, I am importing to a completely blank bank, so I have to zoom out and select the notes then copy paste them onto the piano roll for pad 1.

if you have any questions about this, please let me know